Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205691 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #945 on: July 22, 2007, 02:31:57 am »

Chipotle ftw.

Hells yes, dude. CAN'D for liking the best burritos evah. Plus, they originated in Denver. They also have the best damn guacamole ever. I <3 chipotle.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #946 on: July 22, 2007, 09:21:31 pm »

Hells yes, dude. CAN'D for liking the best burritos evah. Plus, they originated in Denver. They also have the best damn guacamole ever. I <3 chipotle.

Speaking of Denver (hey, I didn't bring it up), the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls came to PDX yesterday and got a sound thrashing at the hands (skates?) of the Wheels of Justice. The Olympia team was here and got beaten, too. It was fun. I'm hoarse today.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #947 on: July 23, 2007, 01:59:24 pm »

Baja Fresh is the best major burrito chain, without no doubt.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #948 on: July 30, 2007, 07:46:25 pm »

Current kid status, 7/29
We rode Thomas the Tank Engine through the Santa Cruz mountains and freaked out a bunch of ‘shrooming dudes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #949 on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:46 pm »

I just read this interesting article on Thomas being voted the favorite toy/character by autistic children a couple days ago.  It helps me out in gaining some appreciation of the character, since I'm absolutely terrified of that train.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #950 on: July 31, 2007, 09:36:45 pm »

Thomas is an awesome teaching tool for kids, but dang if those trains aren't creepy.  Those gigantic, empty eyes...

they haunt me at night. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #951 on: July 31, 2007, 09:43:08 pm »

1) Thomas the tank engine scares the shit out of me.
2) The son of the creator of Thomas came by my work last year to read from the books for an ultra special group of kids, and there was this huge Thomas in the lobby for days, all staring at me with his cold dead eyes.  So creepy!  I never got within 10ft of him.
3) The current Thomas show is about to tour to my area, and the commercial has a point where one of the engines is mad, and I screamed in terror when I saw it.
4) Ringo Star... what the hell?

Since it was a while ago, I just thought I'd quote from my earlier post on my fear of Thomas.  I'm not being silly when I say I'm haunted by that huge Thomas that was set up at my work.  I was the first person in in the mornings, and I would intentionally no look in his direction in the darkened lobby before I turned the lights on.  I was honestly afraid that his eyes would follow me.  I felt a deep relief when the train was gone.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #952 on: July 31, 2007, 09:50:32 pm »

Since it was a while ago, I just thought I'd quote from my earlier post on my fear of Thomas.  I'm not being silly when I say I'm haunted by that huge Thomas that was set up at my work.  I was the first person in in the mornings, and I would intentionally no look in his direction in the darkened lobby before I turned the lights on.  I was honestly afraid that his eyes would follow me.  I felt a deep relief when the train was gone.

You know, sometimes I read your posts and I wonder why I even bother posting my own self. That there is just more interesting and disturbing than anything I've posted in a while, if not ever.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #953 on: July 31, 2007, 10:04:54 pm »

One of my coworkers, who also found him disturbing (and had to sit in the lobby at box office) said she thought she saw him move out of the corner of her eye once.  She said this in a hushed voice, perhaps so as not to concern the parent who was letting her two year old climb on Thomas, or perhaps because she was afraid he might hear her.  We both soothed ourselves, rationalizing that there was only a half-foot of track in front of him, and that he wasn't. going. anywhere.  Thomas in my periphery vision is a tad more creepy thanThomas front-on.  In that space before your eyes focus... you better watch your fuckin' back.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #954 on: August 13, 2007, 01:17:10 pm »

Current kid status, 8/12
She ate some ice cream. She tooted. What a dame.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #955 on: August 13, 2007, 06:49:18 pm »

In a fit of respect for my daughter's future teenage cringing, I will refrain from further anecdotes.
Besides, search engines of the future will probably make Google look like WAIS and she could use the evidence to justify putting me in a home.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #956 on: August 20, 2007, 12:48:39 pm »

Current kid status, 8/19
Our little joke is that I promise to cook some giraffe for her and she laughs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #957 on: August 20, 2007, 12:50:06 pm »

Tomorrow: giraffe?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #958 on: August 29, 2007, 06:49:03 pm »

Quote from: Current kid status, 8/28
Who's pooping on the toilet now, Morpheus!

Is he referring to the god of sleep, or Laurence giraffeburne in the Matrix, or some third party unkown to me?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #959 on: September 10, 2007, 12:55:58 pm »

Current kid status, 9/10
As my style of parenting devolves from genuine care to endlessly restarting the Little Mermaid DVD, I experience a twinge of nostalgia.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67   Go Up