Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE  (Read 6599 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 01:46:30 pm »

Man, Philippe is an asshole.

I liked the exclamation marks for the volume and series number, though.

Whatever, fag, indeed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 01:55:27 pm »

Philippe lives at the center of a veritable storm of hardcore pornography, drug abuse, and violence. It's a wonder he still has all his limbs. So yeah, he's a good kid. Y'all quit DRINKING THAT HATERADE

Plus, everyone's rackin' on about the sugar, but caffeine will fuck you up gloriously when you're young. Seriously: I remember caffeine as being something bizarre and exotic, to be coveted. Then again, I wasn't Carlos' kid.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 03:19:52 pm »

I would suspect Philippe's sassyness this go-round is probably his attempt to mimic Teodore (or someone) and thus be thought of as cooler than he is.

Not that Philippe isn't cool, but he probably thinks he is not.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 04:45:38 pm »

Hello Smirnov, long time no see.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 05:50:40 pm »

Eh, "Philippe gets buzzed inappropriately off of some stimulant or another" is a bit old. This is moderately funny about it, though. I also love Philippe's Coke praising: "Gulp! Hooray! So cold and tasty!" That's quality ad copy.

Lyle's Harry Potter fan fiction has to totally win at everything.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 06:41:17 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Eh, "Philippe gets buzzed inappropriately off of some stimulant or another" is a bit old. This is moderately funny about it, though. I also love Philippe's Coke praising: "Gulp! Hooray! So cold and tasty!" That's quality ad copy.


Agreed.  We've done this, and while it's mildly entertaining every time, it's just not as good as, well, a good strip.  The one thing that I found very amusing was that "Gulp! Hooray! So cold and tasty!" was in bold, like it was a subheading or an article title.  This got to me, I'm not sure why.

On another note, if we do indeed get to see Lyle's Harry Potter Fanfic, it will be awesome, but I'm worried that it might just be another "Tomorrow Chicken" debacle.  I hope I'm proved wrong, though.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 07:28:48 pm »

I don't know about Lyle's Harry Potter fanfic.  His blog is quite difficult to read, with all the unique spellings of things.

I would suspect it might go along the lines of, Harry Potter gets drunk, tries to feel up Hermione, falls down instead, laughs and vomits.  Repeat, then repeat again the next day.

Still, I like surprises.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 08:08:55 pm »

What the hell is BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I never said anything remotely like BLEEEE when I was five and high on coke.

I like this strip a lot. On so many levels.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 08:16:53 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
What the hell is BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I never said anything remotely like BLEEEE when I was five and high on coke.

I like this strip a lot. On so many levels.

Bleen is a color that Kelly Bundy attempted to invent. That's the best connection I can make.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 08:26:25 pm »

I was thinking BLEEEE might be some reference to James Lileks' Bleat, but then I later thought that was probably wrong.

I like how Roast Beef transcribed everything.  I think that shows that he is a pretty decent sort.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 09:21:27 pm »

I woild like to point out that no-one has mentioned "...I stayed up way too late (new shoes!)..."
NEW SHOES!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2005, 12:21:23 am »

Quote from: "Null"
I was thinking BLEEEE might be some reference to James Lileks' Bleat, but then I later thought that was probably wrong.

I like how Roast Beef transcribed everything.  I think that shows that he is a pretty decent sort.


I thought so too. Oddly enough, our friend Bozack inadvertently touched on why I thought this was so:

Quote from: "Bozack"
I woild like to point out that no-one has mentioned "...I stayed up way too late (new shoes!)..."
NEW SHOES!


For those who don't read The Bleat, James Lileks often apologises for the lack of Bleat quality due to the fact he stayed up late to play a videogame/clean up Gnat's puke after dinner at Chuck E. Fargin' Cheese/watch a TiVo'd episode of Star Trek.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2005, 12:24:14 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Lyle's Harry Potter fan fiction has to totally win at everything.


I shudder at the prospect of Pat's Harry Potter fan fic, which would probably involve him describing how he's corrected J.K. Rowling's "mistakes." Then he'd totally flip out when her lawyers tell him to knock it off.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2005, 12:47:35 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Lyle's Harry Potter fan fiction has to totally win at everything.


I shudder at the prospect of Pat's Harry Potter fan fic, which would probably involve him describing how he's corrected J.K. Rowling's "mistakes." Then he'd totally flip out when her lawyers tell him to knock it off.

So... a vocal and surprisingly large minority of existing HP fans?
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 07:54:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
...surprisingly large minority...


I love this concept.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up