Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton  (Read 5315 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:28:58 am »

Well, looks like Onstad listened to the board's requests. It's nice to see that Lyle has the decency to keep his fanfic from Philippe, and Philippe's expression in the last panel is pretty good.

Also, that's not the first time we've seen Lyle's last name, is it? I thought it was revealed some time ago.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 06:52:08 am »

Lyle doesn't care about Philippe's innocence he just doesn't wan't to be bothered.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 07:19:14 am »

It does raise a lot more questions than it answers. Readying a "hot shot"? Six pots of green tea? Climbing on top of a glass coffee table?

...uh oh.

I think I see where this one is going. Lyle's expertise in the gonzo biz is probably about to become pretty apparent.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 07:20:29 am »

The thing thats really great is that like all good fan fiction it's just using the source material as an excuse to write something totally unrelated.

Also 'Harry Potter legends'.

And Phillipe looks Pissed.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 07:38:12 am »

Sadly I knew what Lyle was writing about pretty much straight away.
Glass table, full belly, eww.
Lyle really is nasty.
Love Phillipe's expression in the last panel.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 07:52:56 am »

it was kind of eh.  not too funny, but at least he was keeping his promise.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 09:49:46 am »

Yeah, not enough recognition is being paid to the fact that Harry Potter, who has his name in the fuck*ng title, is knocked unconscious and thrown behind a couch so that two guys can get pissed on by a Hanoi whore.

I think Lyle may be the nastiest dude in town.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 10:27:19 am »

I had assumed that this would be just another chicken recipe, but Onstad has certainly come out in a big way. Though I am not familiar with the continuity myself, are Stiv and Uggs actual characters in HP, or merely character created by Lyle to aid him in literally pissing all over Potter?
Logged
What deviltry is this?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 12:33:38 pm »

Does this strip establish Lyle's last name?
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 12:52:49 pm »

Lyle's last name was shown on a liquor bottle (that I think was also a t-shirt) that was on the site a few months ago.  

I don't know why I didn't guess that Lyle's approach to Harry Potter would be to toss Harry, unconscious, behind a couch in the first sentance.  In retrospect, completely obvious.

And the best thing is Philippe's expression.  You know he's going to write in his blog about this.  He'll probably bring up the Matchbox car, too.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 12:54:46 pm »

Quote from: "mudokon"
Also, that's not the first time we've seen Lyle's last name, is it? I thought it was revealed some time ago.

AFAIK we've only seen it on Lyle merchandise such as the Achewater pint glasses. This is the first time that it's appeared in-strip.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 02:34:56 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
...so that two guys can get pissed on by a Hanoi whore.


Oooh.  See I didn't get it.  Thank you for walking me over to it, introducing me to it, then leaving me with it to make awkward converstation as you mingled with other party guests.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 02:45:57 pm »

I have to say, excited as I was to read Lyle's fanfic on Friday, I now know that I should've realized much earlier what was in store for me.  I have no one to blame but myself for this.

See, I thought after the incident with Philippe in the hallway that maybe Lyle harbored a secret Harry Potter fetish (sorry, bad word to use in relation to Lyle), and would produce a fanfic that completely belied his usual persona.  But I was wrong, and I can admit that.

This is exactly what Lyle would produce.  Exactly.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 03:16:04 pm »

As far as I know "Stiv" and "Uggs" are not real Harry Potter characters, although this story would be significantly more amusing if they were. Also, I rather prefer the idea of this being some entirely novel form of polymorphous perversity -- golden-shower porn just seems a little too blase for Lyle at this point, really, although the blogs do establish that he has that general subject on his mind.

And yes, this really does raise more questions than it answers.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
August 8, 2005 - Harry Potter and the Hanoi Hilton
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 03:43:04 pm »

I presumed the ho was going to defecate rather than pee.
I have no-one to blame but myself.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up