Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005  (Read 9847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« on: August 08, 2005, 03:18:47 pm »

Starting a new thread to keep things all neat-like.

Is it bad that I can sympathize much more with Teodor's general angst about bogusness than I can with Chris's toaster-oven hunt? I mean, one of these two is a fictional character (all right, a more fictional character). What the hell?

Philippe's blog: also lovely, although I continue to try to figure out the context on the giant plaster shoe.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 03:29:06 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "side_show"
God, I never usually read the blog threads.  I suppose I should feel like a total dork for having emailed him with the info he needed about toaster oven mounting hoods?

You just want to have your name written on the door in sharpie.  Don't feed his ego.

~Paul

Don't you hate when you try to help someone out and they shit on you for it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 03:41:06 pm »

Copy...andpaste....

"It is like having a basic earthworm beside me, only it is a worm that seems like it might be able to learn and hate"

I almost started a new topic just to post this.
This has made my week already.
So entertained.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 06:15:49 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "side_show"
God, I never usually read the blog threads.  I suppose I should feel like a total dork for having emailed him with the info he needed about toaster oven mounting hoods?

You just want to have your name written on the door in sharpie.  Don't feed his ego.

~Paul

Don't you hate when you try to help someone out and they shit on you for it.


This is why I thought it was fairly pointless to send any assistance. Not that I thought Onstad would be gracious about it (although he made a token effort to be as gracious as he could).

There is enough demand for the under-cabinet mounting to keep making them, yet one place it won't fit...

I would suggest a little flexibility in where it might go, remodeling the kitchen to accomodate a toaster oven, fabricating a custom mounting device, or punting.

Alternately, European kitchens are generally tiny, Maybe there is a European product that would fit (of course, you would probably have to use an adapter for the electricity).
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 06:47:34 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I continue to try to figure out the context on the giant plaster shoe.


When this shoe-business first hove into view on Friday, I just looked at it as some incomprehensible Philippe-business that would make perfect sense if I was five.   Having long ago attained and surpassed that age, I figured it would remain a mystery, and I could direct my energies elsewhere.

Now that it is easing into other areas, it is deepening its hold on my imagination, yet remains just as mysterious...and just as unsolvable.

Just felt like posting.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 07:35:01 pm »

Shoes show up quite often in the Achewood world. Philiippe's mom gave him the Special Boy shoes, we had that possesed loafer of Ray's, the dog-doo incidents for both Onstad and Ray, Phillippe's new shoes, Onstad's plaster shoe - there are probably more. Other accessories I can think of are hats, capes, caftans, at least two kinds of helmets, and an Abraham Lincoln outfit.

Onstad is about fashion.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 07:53:39 pm »

Don't forget the rollerskate of death.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 07:57:57 pm »

No, no, I'm aware that various articles of clothing make their way into the Achewood world and sometimes become stars.  

I was referring to the Philippe Times' offhand mention of "stayed up way too late (new shoes!)" and how I couldn't process that (mentally).
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 08:01:17 pm »

Yeah, I get that - I was just ruminating on the central role clothing accessories seem to often play in the drawings of anthropomorphic cats and alive stuffed animals that we love so much.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 08:40:21 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Onstad is about fashion.


I really don't think he's as much about fashion as he is about Freudian symbolism.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 08:51:20 pm »

Boy, can I not disagree more with the writing at that link.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 09:07:43 pm »

I think as long as Beef can resist the urge to bury the knife in the backyard, he might be OK.  I kinda wish that Chris could resist foisting his food inclinations on all the characters, especially Beef, who is ambivalent about food to the point of forgetting to eat for a week, and would basically never spend exactly $120 on a knife for cooking after passing on the Swiss Army knife.  This is crossing the line.

However, I do like to picture Beef immediately turning a tomato into ketchup through the power of pushing.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 09:38:27 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!


This really needed a picture of Charlie Brown howling in despair.

Also, sometimes a fairy tale is just a story.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 09:48:32 pm »

I was gonna say about the same thing, sometimes a shoe is just a shoe. Now I have to feel weird every time I put on a shoe.

I want a shoe sized for my personal junk, now.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 10:12:04 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I was gonna say about the same thing, sometimes a shoe is just a shoe. Now I have to feel weird every time I put on a shoe.

I want a shoe sized for my personal junk, now.


On the other hand, one could exploit this little scenario.  One could use the limitless power of the imagination when putting on shoes, every time, and one could thus save hundreds of dollars in online porn charges.

I wonder what fairy tales have as a substitute for drinking too many beers?  That would be another money-saving avenue.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up