This is the first time I've ever had sympathy for Pat.
The Pat-like truth about me is that I get mad when the phone rings. Though I don't have call display, when the phone rings I usually assume it's my mom calling for the 4th time that day, to ask me if I want some old hand towels she is about to throw away. That is actually why she called last.
Seriously folks, my mother calls four times a day minimum. She calls with the urgent requirement that I decide if I want the left over bulgar she made because my dad doesn’t like it and she made too much, or to ask if I want a coupon for a product I never buy, that she thinks I should try based on the information in and advert she read and the fact the coupons is for 10 cents off, etc. And if I don’t answer the phone she leaves long pointless messages about how my father doesn’t want to go the Folklorama Japanese Pavilion, so she’s going to have him drive her there and he'll sit outside in the car while she sees the show. Could there be a more passive aggressive way of letting me know that she wants me to take her to the stupid pavilion even though I’ve made it perfectly clear in three of four other conversations that I do not want to go? Goddamn it people.
Anyway, Doc, yes, it's a fair assumption that the people who attend Burning Man are - or aligns themselves with - hippies.