Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY  (Read 4985 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« on: August 21, 2005, 10:57:39 am »

Aw, that's adorable.  :o
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 12:25:38 pm »

This is when compulsive weekend checking pays off. I need to go find a young child so I can do this, it's just awesome on so many levels.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Awwwwww...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 02:38:14 pm »

Not only is that terribly sweet, but the early update makes me feel better about the fact that I'll be internet-free for the next 4 days.   :lol:

Does it make me pathetic and sentimental if I say I'm very happy to see people being nice to Philippe for a change?  (Or am I pathetic and sentimental for some other reason?)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 02:50:49 pm »

So does this mean Philippe is six now?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 03:00:42 pm »

Most of Philippe's problems seem to involve Mr. Bear, so I hope that Cornelius gets him something nice as well.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 03:49:08 pm »

While this is a nice gesture, these are the traumatizing gender-confusion activities that lead children to become serial killers as adults.

NICE PETE IS NICE. SO IS NICE PHILLIPE!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Awwwwww...
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 03:57:54 pm »

Quote from: "beanmom"


Does it make me pathetic and sentimental if I say I'm very happy to see people being nice to Philippe for a change?


Aw jeez, but can they only be nice to Philippe if they do it in some totally bizarre and creepy way?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 04:59:18 pm »

Heartwarming?  Did we just witness a heartwarming episode of Achewood?  Wow, that was good.  Have all of the Philippe abuse strips of late been a set up for this?  At first it appeared to be yet another of these strips.  Certainly no one could have expected the pleasent turn at the end.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 05:45:15 pm »

The alt text made me smile, just because it was such a nice change to see shenanigans end up with Philippe being happy. What a weird plan, but hey, Philippe doesn't seem fazed.
Logged

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 11:28:56 pm »

So wait I'm a bit confused.

Did Roast Beef actually give birth to the game?
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 01:54:39 am »

This is totally a weird and creepy way to give gifts to children. But I love this strip and the dialogue is gold.

I can't imagine saying WACKY all drawn out like that.

Philippe is SIX HOORAY
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 02:30:23 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
NICE PETE IS NICE. SO IS NICE PHILLIPE!


Actually if Phillipe weren't so retarded I could kind of see this 'Oh no I got pubes! Mr. Bear is going to kill me for sure.'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:49:25 am »

This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 01:11:19 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.


Which is ironic because I gave birth to a Jello Pudding Pop in the bathroom just now.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 01:33:29 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
Actually if Phillipe weren't so retarded I could kind of see this 'Oh no I got pubes! Mr. Bear is going to kill me for sure.'


"Young man, you just grew pubic hairs.  What a ROTTEN application of one's self."

I'm not sure about all you folks who think that this strip  is "heartwarming."  There are a lot of heartwarming things in this world, and a couple of male cats giving birth to a birthday present isn't one of them.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up