Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 Houston Parade Photos  (Read 3733 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2005 Houston Parade Photos
« on: August 22, 2005, 03:13:17 am »

Please check out these sample pages and tell me what you think.  Do you like the design?  Do you see any serious flaws in the code I should be concerned about?

Work in Progress Main Page

WIP Sample Thumbnail Page

WIP Sample Picture Page

Thanks
~Paul
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:35:49 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Critique my new website too
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:17:13 am »

Looks pretty good to me. The pink-and-black background is a little busy, but it has relatively little real estate, so it doesn't distract too much.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Critique my new website too
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 05:06:26 am »

I like it!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Critique my new website too
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 03:40:25 pm »

Great job Paul!  I esp. like the colour commentary under each pic from you and your bud.  Very nice.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Critique my new website too
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 01:35:29 am »

I need opinions people.  My site couldn't be that good.  You ripped that other guy a new one.

I have a question in regards to the thumbnails pages.  I am actually presenting six different slide shows.  Should I keep the thumbnail page sections as seperate entities or link them all into one?  D'ya know what I mean?  I don't know how many thumbnail pages there will be, but the first section has maybe 5 pages. Should I show links to only the 5 pages from that section or list 'em all.  Whereby if they clicked on page 6 for instance they would actually be clicking into the next section.  I want to make it simple, I don't want people getting lost.

Also, I've only tested it in IE and firefox.  Has anyone had any issues with another browser?

In response to V, i'm normally not a fan of loud backgrounds, but what you are seeing is the detail from one of the cars.  The people who will be viewing these pages will recognize it and I think they will find it appealing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Critique my new website too
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 02:56:51 am »

Oh, is that what the deal is? That's awesome, then.

As for the ripping -- I just really like it, is all. It's a fairly plain site layout, but it works and is nice to look at. Plus there's actual content, unlike bdeth dot com's page. So there.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Critique my new website too
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 03:02:14 am »

sorry paul, i enjoy your website, and being a very critical person, who worked as an editor on two separate occasions, i can usually tell you what is wrong with something very quickly and easily, in your case however, all i can tell you is that is looks very good.  i have no interest what so ever in gimic cars, but if this were an actual site, i would go.  it has a personality and a nice flow.  we like you, we really like you.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Critique my new website too
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 07:35:01 pm »

Sometime last year I abandoned this project, but at the insistance of one of my friends I revived it and finally it's finished (or as finished as it's gonna get).

My 2005 Houston Artcar Parade Photos.

Thank you Jough for the help.

~Paul
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:43:45 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 07:47:57 pm »

I really like the "you with camera" and the lady on the top.

also: I like your glasses.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 08:11:18 pm »

I really like the "you with camera" and the lady on the top.

I like the lady on top too.  Booyah!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 08:18:54 pm »

...as long as there's a camera, that is.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 08:42:17 pm »

Oh, shucks, I didn't do nothin'.  That was all you, man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up