Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul Simon Dream  (Read 6575 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 10:56:50 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 11:13:39 pm »

Damn! Speak of the devil! I had another one of those "going back to the wrong level of school" dreams. This time it was a dream that we all had to go back and redo our senior year of high school, because it was required for our senior year of college. (Why? I dunno. It wasn't explained.) It was a moderately lucid dream in that I seemed to generally be bored by all of this and find something wrong with it, plus I was interacting using waking-world knowledge. (At one point I asked one of my classmates, who attends Johns Hopkins now, what she knew about Hopkins's neuroscience program.) However, I was anxious because I couldn't find my schedule and didn't remember where all I needed to go, plus I had forgotten my locker combination. Much of that was moot, though, because we took a long field trip for math (which was taught by my old Econ teacher, weirdly enough). Also, old clothes of mine were everywhere, and I spent a lot of the dream picking them up from places.

I blame GRE studying.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 11:59:36 pm »

I think everyone has variations on these same dreams. I took for granted the flying dreams, the back-to-school variations (In a show, on stage, never learned the lines, etc.), the tooth dreams - figured those themes were fairly universal.

When I found out that many people have the contact lens dream, I really started wondering what it could mean to the frail human psyche that so many people share that one.

My tooth dream usually involves me spitting out teeth. Hundreds of them, like they keep growing in and fallng out.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 12:33:08 am »

OK, here's one the rest of you have never had:  I dreamed last night that I was putting dozens of little frogs into one of these plastic carrying containers that we use, and they were getting all squished together, and the really tiny ones were getting out.  

Still, I am not unique, it is just a variation on a normal zookeeper work anxiety dream about animals getting out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 02:31:13 am »

I went over to the station where I dreamed I saw Paul Simon perform with the dogs.

Here's what it looks like, pretty typical convenience store/gas station.  I took the picture from across the street where I would have been watching the show from.  Where Paul Simon and his crew conga'd off with the dogs is just to the right of the sign on a little grassy area you can just see the edge of.

Here's the overpass where I took the picture.  There actually is still an embankment there.

But I looked around and I found another overpass that looked more like how I percieved it in my dream.



~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 06:36:21 pm »

Someone needs to photoshop the dream into that STAT
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 09:41:18 pm »

I had a dream that Ray, Beef and I were at a strip mall. I think we had eaten lunch there. On our way out, I ran into Courtney Whitmore (DC comics' Star-Spangled Kid II/Stargirl), with whom I was apparently a co-worker in the Justice Society although no big deal was made of the superheroic end. I offered her a ride "back" in the car with Ray, Beef and myself, which she accepted; the car was one of those horribly awkward two-door four-seat contraptions so there was lots of flipping seats forward and climbing around anytime someone got in or out. Ray insisted on driving, then decided to "take it for a spin" before he would let Courtney get in, and drove around for an inappropriately long time. Somewhere in this there was a subplot involving a bee, which flew around the car and then exploded, leaving no residue. Ray then returned the car to the area of the strip mall and picked up Courtney, who had started walking back in our absence. As we were driving, he stopped to pick up Todd, who said many inappropriate things which I do not remember. Eventually Courtney left the car and Ray and Todd started singing in close harmony a song which seemed to imply that Ray was sleeping with Courtney, but soon segued into implying that Courtney was sleeping with another woman. Roast Beef gave me an embarrassed look that sort of conveyed "what are you going to do about this guy, nothing, that's what you can do" and then I woke up.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 03:45:07 am »

Ben, I want to have that dream.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 06:31:41 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Someone needs to photoshop the dream into that STAT

Do I need to procure another picture of the grassy knoll?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 12:57:38 pm »

I once had a dream where basically Wilford Brimley yelled at me for about five minutes while I stocked shelves in a convenience store. He was upset that I had done something to his candy bar that I didn't do. He left the store and I followed him out and was in front of my grandparent's old house. Wilford was getting getting into a car, my car to be exact, with his daughter and granddaughters. I shouted after him that if he wanted to fight me now was the time. He chuckled and said something along the lines of, "Look at this kid. He wants to fight me over a candy bar."

Wilford Brimley proceeds to kick my ass.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 03:40:16 pm »

Quote from: "Simms"
Wilford Brimley proceeds to kick my ass.

Wilford Brimley is one tough SOB.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 12:07:42 am »

I had another Paul Simon dream.  In this one Paul and his band are on a soundstage recording for television.  The piano player was having trouble with the meter of the song and Simon went over to the piano and was giving him very obvious visual clues to where he should be playing.  He still wasn't getting it right and finally Simon stopped the song and began to berate his piano player while the cameras rolled.  My POV was from the control booth I was watching through the window.  There wasn't an audience.  This dream like the last was set in the past.  I can't quantify this, but everything seemed old timey, the equipment and the cameras and such.  Myself and Simon appear to be as we are today however.  The same age.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 01:00:30 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Simms"
Wilford Brimley proceeds to kick my ass.

Wilford Brimley is one tough SOB.

~Paul


He was until he got Diabetes.

I especially like his role in the Jan Claude Van Damme spectacular Hard Target, all Cajun, yelling ah-yeeee and shooting guys with a bow and arrow from hossback.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 01:48:08 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
...finally Simon stopped the song and began to berate his piano player while the cameras rolled.


I think your subconscious mind is on to something Paul - is there a connection between you and this other Paul?  Are you worried that you are becoming like the Paul Simon in your dreams? Or are you more talented than other people you work with and forced to stoop to their level?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Paul Simon Dream
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 01:56:40 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
...finally Simon stopped the song and began to berate his piano player while the cameras rolled.


I think your subconscious mind is on to something Paul - is there a connection between you and this other Paul?  Are you worried that you are becoming like the Paul Simon in your dreams? Or are you more talented than other people you work with and forced to stoop to their level?


Is there some water that's troubling you?  Are you just a poor boy and your story's seldom told?  Is your girlfriend's mother trying to seduce you?  Reminiscing about the old days with your pal Julio down at the playground?  Run out of film for slides?  Thinking about visiting Elvis's house?  Got the hots for Edie Brickell? Or perhaps you're just feelin' groovy?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up