Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My new web comic you will want to read  (Read 5175 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oz!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
    • http://OZONTHEINTERNET.COM
My new web comic you will want to read
« on: August 28, 2005, 09:34:56 am »

G'day,

This message contains me plugging my web comic. You will note I have generously interpreted my comic as arts & entertainment. I am not sure if I am really allowed to do this kind of thing? If not, my apologies! I would also like to go on official record as saying that I think Achewood is probably the pinnacle of human achievement. God it's good!

So, g'day again, I have recently hooked up a webpage for my exciting comic http://OZONTHEINTERNET.com. You will like my comics because they are very humorous and fun to read. The internet is a friendly place for me to make new mates!!! Please be my mate!

thank you very much,
-OZ
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:56:02 pm »

I like your comic very much.  Also, you have great taste in music.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 03:07:35 pm »

If you want to make a good Webcomic, I would advise brevity. Most comics, even Achewod, reach their funny in three to six small panels without masses of text. The only exception I can think of is Dinosaur Comics, but Ryan has some flexibility there because everyone knows all the artwork is the same. This comic lacks brevity.

I would also advise having actual punchlines and being funny. Thus far this comic is lacking in that regard.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 03:38:59 pm »

I'm confused, does that guy have a beard, or is he the Elephant Man?

Also, sorry, but I did not find it funny.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 08:04:56 pm »

The artwork reminds me a little bit of James Thurber. The writing reminds me of someone wears a Ratt t-shirt because they think it's funny-ironic when it's just I-paid-$20-for-this-ironic.

I'm not really good with description. It felt like when Onstad does an alt-text where he boils down what's going on in the strip do it's most basic and ridiculous, but instead of a sentence it's half a page. That's bad. So was the other thing.

I don't mind telling you this because it probably won't make you stop. I also thought your second 'g'day' wasn't needed.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 09:06:05 pm »

I'm not totally sure I get it. Am I supposed to get it? Please advise.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 09:11:24 pm »

We're getting soft.  Where's the post that berates Oz! for having his or her first post be promoting his or her personal webcomic?  To say nothing of the exclamation point in his or her name.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 09:28:40 pm »

Your comic does not engage my interest and you registered for an MB specifically to plug your comic.

F, see me after class.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 09:31:53 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
We're getting soft.  Where's the post that berates Oz! for having his or her first post be promoting his or her personal webcomic?  To say nothing of the exclamation point in his or her name.

I took that much as implied. You know, the whole "you registered just to pimp your comic and that is TERRIBLE" thing. Some messages can be assumed to hold regardless.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 12:13:58 am »

I was going to post something about the comic being awful and about the sadness of Oz's life, but then I remembered that I had, you know, better things to do, so I figured I'd leave the TOUAMB chastising to those with less of a life.

Welcome to the board Oz! (!).  I doubt that I shall see you here againe.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 12:18:21 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Welcome to the board Oz! (!).  I doubt that I shall see you here againe.

I can't tell if this is a prediction or a menacing statement of fact.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 12:23:56 am »

My guess would be a prediction, given the general tendency of people like this not to come back. That said, for the record, Oz(!) is welcome to come back and actually discuss Achewood if he'd like to. Reading his comics, I sense that he likes it quite a bit.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 03:42:36 am »

Art: Shite.

Writing: Mostly Meh, with a side of Right On.

Attitude: Five Stars. (*****) (out of five) (five stars, that is) (five stars out of five for attitude, I mean) (I like your exciting attitude)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Oz!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
    • http://OZONTHEINTERNET.COM
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 04:02:45 am »

Cheers everybody, one way or the other! Yeah, apologies again for creating an account just to plug. That is pretty low. I mean as far as I could see nobody else had done this but I couldn't see any explicit guidance against it and I guess I am a very optimistic person!
My head: "Yes people will definitely enjoy another web comic with poor artwork and uncertain dialogue, and will consider it to be a brilliant commentary on modern life."

I think a lack of brevity is a pretty fair criticism. I would like to improve on that! I don't know James Thurber or Ratt, sorry!

In summary, I do like achewood a whole lot!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My new web comic you will want to read
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 05:48:16 am »

Man, I swear I thought I blocked all handles with exclamation marks in them...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up