Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Godzilla  (Read 17068 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Godzilla
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2005, 05:47:13 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Alex Chilton is Missing


There was a thread on metafilter saying he was found, but the link they posted as proof is now dead.  

I hope he's OK.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2005, 06:23:12 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Both stories were from the AP - Yahoo just got the second one from the Canadian feed rather than the U.S. feed.

Here's the original source of that image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/firewall/38725768/


Is that what AFP is?  OK, point taken.  But then it's still the AP that's racist and not Yahoo.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2005, 06:51:08 pm »

Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2005, 09:35:38 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
http://www.snopes.com/photos/katrina/looters.asp


For the first time ever, Snopes works in my favor!
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2005, 05:40:38 pm »

Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Godzilla
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2005, 01:00:08 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Alex Chilton's OK.


Thank God.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Godzilla
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2005, 08:27:39 pm »

Quote
It said no flaming, If all you have is an ad hominem attack off the thread topic, I think you fall outside the requested "intelligent" posts. Everyone else so far at least understood what I was saying.


Where did I flame or make an ad hominem attack?  Quote me.

Yes, my post of yesterday was very angry.  That anger was directed at the administration, on account of all those dead babies and old people and stuff.  If you think I shouldn't be angry about that, I don't know what to tell you.  I did call AD out on the whole "No blame game" talking point business, but I don't think that's a flame or an insult.  I think you're arbitrarily declaring a topic off-limits because you can't effectively respond to the criticisms of the administration.  It's not an insult to point that out--if you think it is, then you're much more sensitive than I thought possible.  I ask you to explain to me why exactly we shouldn't hold those responsible accountable, other than so you aren't offended.  

One person, ONE, tried to address my post on its merits.  I appreciated RRC's point that there were other contributing factors, sure, but IMO the administration bears the brunt of the blame.  Pointing that out is not "petty partisanship," it's wanting to confront reality and making sure this crap doesn't happen again.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Godzilla
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2005, 08:30:52 pm »

For my own part:

I wanted to keep the politics out because I didn't want this to be a politics-dominated thread. I think this is a big enough topic that this thread should stay general-interest, and political arguments tend to dominate threads. I'm not saying the political ramifications of Katrina can't be discussed at all; just make your own thread, or have a conversation in PM. Furthermore, I don't think political conversation needs to be "sanctioned" on this board; just be respectful of the purpose of the topic, and start a new thread if unsure. How hard can this be?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Godzilla
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2005, 09:02:29 pm »

Splitting the topic is fine by me.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2005, 12:28:56 am »

Quote
One person, ONE, tried to address my post on its merits. I appreciated RRC's point that there were other contributing factors, sure, but IMO the administration bears the brunt of the blame. Pointing that out is not "petty partisanship," it's wanting to confront reality and making sure this crap doesn't happen again.


I appreciate the response, carlos, and I just wanted to let you know that my perspective has changed quite a bit over the past week. I now agree with you, to an extent. So, manly handshakes all around, I guess.

ANYWAYS, I hear Garfield really knows how to work the shaft.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Godzilla
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2005, 12:30:42 am »

Of course Garfield knows how to smoke the pole. Why else do you think Jon keeps him around?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2005, 01:11:27 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I, for one, do not think Cathy would ever give Marmaduke a BJ. Garfield on the other hand....


Because this deserves reiteration.


Oh, I took this to mean that Cathy would give Garfield a BJ.  Because, you know, there are cat people and dog people...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2005, 01:26:56 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I, for one, do not think Cathy would ever give Marmaduke a BJ. Garfield on the other hand....


Because this deserves reiteration.

Oh, I took this to mean that Cathy would give Garfield a BJ.  Because, you know, there are cat people and dog people...

God dammit now somebody has to make a joke about Cathy liking pussy.

Look what you've done!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Godzilla
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2005, 01:26:57 am »

Alternately, it could mean that Garfield thinks that Cathy would give Marmaduke a BJ. It's ambiguous!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Godzilla
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2005, 01:52:12 am »

I thought it implied that Garfield would give Marmaduke a blow job.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up