Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School  (Read 7732 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:40:51 am »

EDITED TO ADD LINK TO STRIP:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09012005

If you're going to be "first post!?!!!!!!"-er, then try to not fuck it up next time cockhead.

---

Man, I like so much about this one: the fact that we pick up the conversation mid-stream, for one. Beef's awesome facial expressions. The fact that even though Beef has clearly grown himself a sack when compared to the Beef of a couple of years ago, he still manages to find ways to be a little bit polite when he insults someone: he intimates that Onstad went to 'Talk Like A Dick' school. This is clearly the kind of place you would go if you weren't actually a Dick, but you wanted to learn how to talk like one.

And 'Mr. Funnylaffs' is one of those great non-commital insults where you're essentially saying 'yeah, I know you're trying to be a funny guy, but I will leave it up to you as to whether I actually think you are funny'.

Am I reading too much into the drawings of the cat talking on the phone, perhaps?
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:58:37 am »

Harry Potter again, huh?
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 10:34:28 am »

Heh, the whispering column of light is a perfectly Harry Potter-esque creation as well as seeming both magical and scientific.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 11:08:59 am »

I totally woulda called the thread "usually Charles Bukowski", but that's cool.  Actually, I don't really even get the joke, since Bukowski's novels have seemed to me to be of a fairly standard length.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 11:15:06 am »

I logged on to complain if "Talk Like A Dick School" was not the thread title.  Thank you for sparing me the trouble.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 12:55:30 pm »

Shame on you all for taking this long to bring up Beef's expression in panel 4.
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 01:27:42 pm »

Hilarious. I was literally Laughing Out Loud.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 03:43:12 pm »

Oh man, I laughed FIVCE at this strip:

The fact that Onstad has farmed out work to the kids to do.

Beef's expression in Panel #4.

Talk Like a Dick School.

The off-camera "I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that."

The intimation that guys with small novels have small weiners.


Actually, that last one is probably the opposite of true, though - people with REALLY BIG BOOKS (or boats, cars, televisions, etc.) are compensating for their smallish cock.

V-Adore

  • Guest
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 06:49:24 pm »

Is it bad that I really want to read this? I'm picturing one of those transparent educational-product plots where Harry needs to grasp certain basic principles of electricity in order to, I dunno, keep Voldemort from magicking generators, or something. I really want to see Beef write this.

So I guess I'm saying that I laughed.

"Germane" is also totally a "talk like a dick school" word. I go to a school that at this point offers a minor in Talking Like a Dick, and "germane" is up there, as useful a word as it is.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 06:57:02 pm »

This one was great.  I laughed so hard my ##### fell off.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 06:57:52 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
This one was great.  I laughed so hard my ****** fell off.

Your automaton fell off? Dude, get that looked at.
Logged

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 07:07:58 pm »

haha! best strip ever (well tied for first)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 07:27:37 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Is it bad that I really want to read this? I'm picturing one of those transparent educational-product plots where Harry needs to grasp certain basic principles of electricity in order to, I dunno, keep Voldemort from magicking generators, or something. I really want to see Beef write this.

Did you never play Arcanum? Magic can't affect generators because magik (sic) and technology are mutually exclusive. Geez
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 09:49:48 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Is it bad that I really want to read this? I'm picturing one of those transparent educational-product plots where Harry needs to grasp certain basic principles of electricity in order to, I dunno, keep Voldemort from magicking generators, or something. I really want to see Beef write this.

So I guess I'm saying that I laughed.

"Germane" is also totally a "talk like a dick school" word. I go to a school that at this point offers a minor in Talking Like a Dick, and "germane" is up there, as useful a word as it is.


Then why not rename "V's Official Mod Policy re: Debates and On-Topicness" to "V's Official Germaneness and Civility Criteria".
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 11:24:30 pm »

Love this one. I really enjoy reading Beef's dialogue so I like any opportunity to have him talk for a long time and express a particular emotion.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up