Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs for Silverman  (Read 1015 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs for Silverman
« on: September 02, 2005, 04:04:08 am »

Got this off a friend at work today.  Haven't had a chance to listen to it through to the end, but what i've heard so far is pretty tasty.  It lacks the fire of his BFF disc, but he's making very tuneful melodic music that's not treacly.  I love that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs for Silverman
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 06:47:36 am »

I don't know why, but this one reminds me of early Paul Simon solo albums.  Maybe it's just the cover.  But still, there's something "Free and On My Own" about this one that Folds's first album didn't have.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs for Silverman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 03:44:11 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't know why, but this one reminds me of early Paul Simon solo albums.  Maybe it's just the cover.  But still, there's something "Free and On My Own" about this one that Folds's first album didn't have.

That can't be nothing but a good thing.  Unless I start having Ben Folds dreams.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs for Silverman
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 04:01:51 am »

Just wanted to say that each listen brings more delight.  This is a delightful album.  A delight I say.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up