Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible  (Read 4656 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:56:21 am »

Chaps

it's been a long time but I've just had nowt to say recently. But by crikey this is a funny thing today. I am weeping. Beef does the perfect "magician's assistant" in panel 3.

"Look. It is a ramp so that you can get to the computer. We care a lot."

EDIT: It was hard to look up the permalink while I had another man's balls in my mouth, but now that they're slapping the underside of my ass instead here's the link:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09022005
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 10:17:37 am »

OHH YES!

This one is great: Ball and chain on the wheelchair, Ray down on one knee, Beff with the signal flags and Ray jumping with TWO (gosh!) Martini´s.

I guess i like the silly strips, The Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.! was also a big hit with me. http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272003

morning amy
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:15:32 pm »

All Achewood is good Achewood.  And now we have learned that Achewood cares.   And learning is half the battle!
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 12:29:46 pm »

This is the kind of thing "LOL" was invented for.  Every panel is a gem.  A++++++++++ Will Read Again!

I bet Onstad was very careful to illustrate Ray wearing in-line skates because no one is fixing to die.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 12:32:29 pm »

This is the party of non-crap dudes that Todd was interrupting.
The last panel is amazing.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 01:44:09 pm »

People, it is very clear that the funniest thing was "WHAT say WHAT? Hold on, nigga! DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!" over the wheelchair.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 02:27:11 pm »

So now Morse Code is braille?

I wonder if this strip was occasioned by someone writing in and complaining that Achewood strips weren't accessible by the blind (except for the alt-text).

Gotta love Beef doing semaphore (for the deaf?  or is he trying to land an aircraft or communicate ship-to-ship?)

I'm not sure I get the last panel.  Is it just Ray partying now that the strip is no-less-handicap accessible than it was before, or is Ray just using the new ramps to get some sweet jumps off of?

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 02:30:00 pm »

I think Ray is trying to make the whole "accessible to the handicap" thing like a celebration. But he's accidentally mocking the disabled by being so active.
That's my spin on it at least!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 02:33:59 pm »

Why... is there a ball and chain anchoring the wheelchair?
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 03:20:33 pm »

A symbol of the once achewood-less handicapped community soon to be freed from their shackles?

To be honest, I didn't get that one, I was all "Ray is jumping and doing the splits! YES!".
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 03:26:27 pm »

Why is the title not "It's like we care or something!"

This is hilarious. I love the timing and ridiculousness of it all. Also "recipe to open a can of cherries".
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 06:37:28 pm »

This one was so bizarre and funny it made me remember I used to post here to get people's thoughts on strips like this one.  The last panel is solid fuck*ng gold - I have no idea what it's supposed to mean, but Beef's expression is priceless.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 07:15:20 pm »

Totally bizarre. Maybe I'll like this after more thought. Right now it's just sort of like this giant... weird... object. Yeah.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 07:28:33 pm »

I didn't like this one.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 08:39:04 pm »

I had to think for a moment whether or not I was actually offended. Not that it matters - I believe in free expression - but I think I would not have made a joke out of ADA, accessibility, etc.

I do believe that Achewood cares, though.

OK, done thinking. I'm not offended. But I'm also not terribly amused.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up