Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Airplane Flights  (Read 3729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Airplane Flights
« on: September 07, 2005, 02:48:57 am »

So today I went out with some coworkers, and they are pretty cool guys with pretty imaginative minds, but somehow we all wound up talking about airplane flights for 2.5 hours. AIRPLANE FLIGHTS ARE SO BORING.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 03:38:09 am »

And what does that have to do with Slow-Roasted Ancho-Raisin Chutney?  I'm extending your lifestyle brand.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Airplane Flights
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:31:01 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
So today I went out with some coworkers, and they are pretty cool guys with pretty imaginative minds, but somehow we all wound up talking about airplane flights for 2.5 hours. AIRPLANE FLIGHTS ARE SO BORING.


Only boring guys could talk about a boring topic for 2.5 hours. I mean really.

It takes five hours just to get to the nearest (not Hawaiian) land from here which is the west coast of the US.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Airplane Flights
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 02:22:46 pm »

The only time I got a little scared on a flight was returning from San Juan. We hit some turbulance about 90 miles from landfall, and I remember thinking, "It's December. We are approaching Philadelphia. We're still way the hell out there. If we go down, there is no way in hell we're getting rescued."

Then I asked for another screwdriver.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Airplane Flights
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »

Airplane flight is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.

I mean, think about it. Airplane flight involves being conveyed through the air at great height by an unimaginably complex (and significantly heavier than air) machine capable of moving dozens of people through the air at great speeds. This is a miracle. It is fuck*ng incredible that we, as a species, have done this. It is even more incredible that at this point this totally unlikely, complicated device is now considered generally commonplace in developed countries, even boring. Air travel is a testament to just how far our species has come and what magical times we live in.

Also, you can look out the window.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 04:10:05 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Airplane flight is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.

Unless your dad is an recreational pilot so growing up you flew almost every Sunday. Then airplane flight is really boring and reminds you of missing cartoons that, at the time, were vitally important to your very survival.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Airplane Flights
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 04:13:34 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Airplane flight is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.

Unless your dad is an recreational pilot so growing up you flew almost every Sunday. Then airplane flight is really boring and reminds you of missing cartoons that, at the time, were vitally important to your very survival.

Well, I didn't mean to imply that you had to find the act scintillating all the time. I mean, I have been on boring and unpleasant airplane flights, and often I sleep. I just mean airplane travel as a general topic is interesting, is all.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 08:05:20 pm »

I think this is more interesting (with apologies)

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Peristalsis is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.

I mean, think about it. Peristalsis involves being conveyed through the colon at low speed by an unimaginably complex (and significantly heavier than air) muscled tube capable of moving dozens of particles through the colon at slow, steady speeds. This is a miracle. It is fuck*ng incredible that we, as a species, have done this. It is even more incredible that at this point this totally unlikely, complicated process is now considered generally commonplace in developed countries, even boring. Peristalsis is a testament to just how far our species has come and what magical times we live in.

Also, you can read a magazine.


PS air travel is boring unless you focus in the physics of air travel. Then it's just plain terrifying.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Airplane Flights
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 08:06:25 pm »

Peristalsis is also interesting. The world is truly full of magic.

Dick.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 08:10:26 pm »

Indeed.

Backatcha. Genitalia.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Airplane Flights
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 08:15:24 pm »

oh SNAP
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 10:21:46 pm »

That made me laugh out loud.

Once I went through the 3 steps it takes for me to read something that small.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 11:10:41 pm »

Air flight is fascinating, air travel is tedius and hella [hell of?] boring.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Airplane Flights
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 11:25:19 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"


cockknocker freedom hating mods


Interesting how that's funny in this context (and coming from you)

I guess you just had to be there.

Made you click! Asswipe.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Airplane Flights
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 12:28:06 am »

Poop is more interesting than airplane flights. Augustwest you moved my MOJO. On topic is also boring. just like airplane flights.  EVERY ONE OF THESE TOPICS IS SO BORING.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up