Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 11819 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Earworms
« on: September 08, 2005, 06:35:56 pm »

Ever get a song stuck in your head? What song gets stuck in your head?

Today I've been stuck with an endless loop of "Girl from Ipanema" and "Do you Know the Way to San Jose".

Recently I've been plagued by "Tommy Gunn Theme" and the "Pink Panther Theme".

My head is perpetually trapped in a pre-1980 elevator.

So what are the absolute worst songs you can get stuck in your head?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Earworms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 06:59:55 pm »

In the COPA
COPA-ca-BANA
the hottest spot north of HAVANA...


(Repeat for about a week)
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
Earworms
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:06:22 pm »

Hey micky is the worst song that a person could ever get stuck in their head... ever.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:51:13 pm »

Another One Bites the Dust. Ever since that freaking (but clever) Aiwa stereo commercial.

Seven Nation Army.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 07:51:53 pm »

We had joy
We had fun
We had seasons
In the Sun.


That or:

Biiiilly, don't be a heeeero
don't be a fool with your life!
Biiiily, don't be a heeeero
come back and make me a wife!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Earworms
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 08:27:55 pm »

You're all pretty clearly missing the WORST EARWORM OF ALL TIME:

My Sharona - The Knack


It's not even the whole song, it's just the instrumental part, mostly.  When I get it stuck in my head there are rarely lyrics, it's just the same 20 notes or so OVER AND OVER.

Having said that, I'm sorry that I made you all think of this song, because now it will be stuck in your heads.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 09:13:03 pm »

I'm on a Mexican.   Radio.

I'm on a Mexican - WHAAA-OH - Radio.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 09:41:40 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
This is the song that never ends
It goes on and on my friends
Some people started singing it
Not knowing what it was
And to this day they're singing it because
Because
Because

[Repeat from the top]

Indian Guides campout is in 6 weeks and I'm just waiting to teach it to the new kids around the campfire so a new generation can be infected. If y'all don't hear from me after mid-October send the corpse dogs through Yucaipa.


You already taught them

Blaaaaaack Soooooocks
They never get dirty
The longer I wear them
The blacker they get

I thiiiiink that maybe
I'll wash them
But something keeps saying
not yet Not Yet NOT YET ?
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 10:40:01 pm »

for the past serveral months, i've been singing the hamburger helper song to a incredibly similar but incorrect tune that i can't quite place.

hamburger helper.

helps your hamburger

helper,

make a great meal.


i just tried googling for the lyrics, and couldn't find them quickly,
so i gave up.

i did find a reference to them in a thread somewhere of horrible haikus, and my guess (since i ordinarily/normally) is that i got them wrong.

prolly:
hamburger helper, helped her hamburger make a great meal.


So,
i have a commercial stuck in my head.

i'm singing incorrect jingle lyrics
to the wrong tune.


wheeeeee.

it's been months.

i believe it may be my mantra.


mexican radio is a good one to have stuck in my head, though,
as opposed to a lot of the alternatives.

i hate when i get boy band songs stuck in my head,
since i don't listen to them often.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Earworms
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:13:18 pm »

I think it's:

Hamburger Helper
Helps your hamburger
Help her make a great meal.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Earworms
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 11:50:34 pm »

Oh, lord, earworming to the wrong tune. Since my early childhood, I have had a recurring misconception that the Marines song ("From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli...") actually goes to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, and despite having been reeducated several times, every time that particular song occurs to me, it goes straight into the Battle Hymn tune. (It works too well!)

On the subject of jingle-oids, may I nominate the theme song to "The Nanny?" ("... What was she to do? Where was she to go? She was out on her fan-ny...")
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 12:01:56 am »

Horrible, horrible Spice Girls: "I tell ya' what I want, what I really really want/so tell me what you want, what you really really?/ I tell ya' what I want, what I really, really want,/So tell me what'cha want, what ya' really, really want/  I wanna huh, I wanna huh, what I really really want is a ziga-zig-ah!"

Not so bad, and fun to sing with others today I had "Lets call the whole thing off" stuck in my head.

Also the deeply annoying "Max Five" chocolate bar comercial often gets stuck in my head.  I hate that bloody comercial so much.  The lyrics are so assinine.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 12:04:51 am »

Joooooooooooooooohn Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 12:40:13 am »

The theme from Sanford and Son.  My labmates were getting ready to kill me over that one (well, my tuneless humming and whistling of it) a while back.  And it drives my gf nuts....

Doesn't bother me that much though.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Earworms
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 02:48:40 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Oh, lord, earworming to the wrong tune. Since my early childhood, I have had a recurring misconception that the Marines song ("From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli...") actually goes to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, and despite having been reeducated several times, every time that particular song occurs to me, it goes straight into the Battle Hymn tune. (It works too well!)


Oh great.  Just great.  Thanks a lot V.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up