Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!! (08-26-03)  (Read 4623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!! (08-26-03)
« on: August 26, 2003, 01:42:16 pm »

Now I'm gonna have the willies all day....

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:00:08 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
maggots
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 02:13:44 pm »

Maggots are a fucked-up part of life. I remember my first experience with them as a child. In rural Oklahoma I was visiting my great-grandmother’s nursing home; my parents were inside and I played out back. I picked up an old milk carton that had been smashed and lying in the sun, and looked inside. A quarter-pint of writhing maggots filled the bottom. It repulsed me, it was almost traumatic.

I lived with a girl in Fayetteville, Arkansas, once. We had some smashed cans of cat food that we stuck beneath the sink, and in a week, the smell of spoiled meat arose. I investigated to find mature fat maggots swarming in the rot. I told the girl to look away.

During the summer, my cat lives outside, so I feed him out there. He has several different food bowls that I rotate, and once in a while I leave one outside. I commonly find plugs of old cat food filled with maggot colonies. I scatter them in the sun to feed the birds.

Maggots are an inescapable aspect of life’s grotesque underbelly. Wash your hands if you touch them, you can get ringworm, etc.  Sometimes I wonder if the world’s ecosystem could stand the extermination of all flies. I think it’s a worthy goal.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 02:59:47 pm »

I can't even imagine how one would go about cleaning that up. ::shudder::

I did not need the image of a waterfall of maggots in the walls while eating my frosted mini-wheats this morning.
Logged

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
Re: maggots
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 04:04:35 pm »

Quote from: "satchel"
Sometimes I wonder if the world’s ecosystem could stand the extermination of all flies. I think it’s a worthy goal.


Aside from their marginal role as food source for actually beneficial creatures, like birds and spiders, according to the Discovery Channel they serve no other purpose, are worthless parasites, and that the ecosystem would not be harmed at all if flies vanished.  And, yes, it is a worthy goal.
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
flies
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 04:17:32 pm »

I lived in Africa and the flies there are slow. You can swat them easily with your hand. Here in America the flies are fast.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 04:24:06 pm »

I'm now tempted to try the fly erradication techniques from God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater with the rubberbands and soapy water
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 04:24:47 pm »

In Communist Russia, fly swats YOU!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 07:13:31 pm »

Is anybody else picturing Teodor pitching a giant fit when he sees the maggots all over his beautiful kitchen? Histrionics ahoy.

Also, does Mr. Bear look like he's on a hangover to anyone else, or is it just me?
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 08:17:55 pm »

BLEAGH.  I've been fighting with grain moths.  I'm thinking of investing in lizards.
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 09:42:59 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, does Mr. Bear look like he's on a hangover to anyone else, or is it just me?

well, he did just wake up, and that's almost the same thing
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 09:50:56 pm »

Choopernickel, I love you for that reference.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 07:56:08 am »

Please do not encourage that behavior.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 07:37:12 pm »

I'm wondering how Mr. Bear started the narration in the style of Twain when it was Phillipe and Ray that went back in time..?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! MAGGOTS!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 11:26:57 pm »

Quote from: "The Wonderous Me"
I'm wondering how Mr. Bear started the narration in the style of Twain when it was Phillipe and Ray that went back in time..?


Because that's how he talks anyway? I mean come on his forename is Cornelius... Is it that surprising he writes like that?
And we all know he is a writer. Not that being a writer automatically makes you write in the prosic style of Twain, or I'd be doing far better by now!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up