Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1447 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Download-This

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:47:59 am »

Just wanted to create a formal introduction thread.
I just discovered Achewood about 2 months ago. I read the strip for a couple of weeks, then decided that I needed to "catch up". I spent the next 2 weeks reading the Archives in their entirety (I didn't read any of the new strips as they were posted, but rather read them as I reached them chronologically).

I'm a 25 year old male, married with a child (daughter, aged 6).
I spent all of my life in The Bronx, New York City (the north bronx really.. It was a pretty quiet place). We just moved about 100 Miles north though to Poughkeepsie. House, yard, etc...


Please don't be offended if I spend most of my time in the Achewood forums. I will come out and post here as often as I can.

 :)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 03:15:29 am »

Welcome.  We're glad to have you.  Post wherever and whenever you like -- if you want to stick to Achewood-related topics, that is just ducky.  However, if you've lurked around here at all, you must be aware that we are prone to tangents.

Make yourself at home.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:13:25 pm »

Welcome.

Being that you are from the Bronx, would you prefer it if we call you Downi-from-the-block?  I hear that J-Lo used to insist her chi-gong masseuse and shoe stylist call her that, you know, just to keep it real.

Anyhow, I imagine moving to Poughkeepsie from the Bronx would drastically change ones life.  I mean sitting on your porch instead of on your front stoop - that's a big difference.  So if you're looking to recreate a sense of normalcy... well, there's no normalcy here, but you can have a big steamy plate of witty banter with a side of sarcasm any ol' time you like.


Enjoy!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 03:56:43 pm »

I suspect that our new friend didn't have a front stoop, in the North Bronx.  We didn't.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up