Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head  (Read 9418 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« on: September 13, 2005, 07:47:33 am »

this strip is hilarious when you're listening to cheesy upbeat dance music that some kid in new zealand sent to you
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:19:56 am »

What the...
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 08:26:46 am »

Holy shit, this one is hilarious. At first I figured that "Cartilage Head" was simply a redubbed version of "Vegetable Brain", but this was ten times better.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 08:37:06 am »

God Dammit, I wish I was high. I liked it, but still...I think one needs to be split on green to fully appreciate this strip.
Logged

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 09:18:36 am »

cartiledge head . . . his body is also weirdo.
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 09:32:41 am »

this strip makes me wonder, once again: am i the only person who can put his finger on the bridge of his nose and make a loud clicking noise by moving the cartilage back and forth?

everyone gets really grossed out when i do this, it's kind of funny.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 09:58:46 am »

Quote from: "ndpatel"
this strip makes me wonder, once again: am i the only person who can put his finger on the bridge of his nose and make a loud clicking noise by moving the cartilage back and forth?

everyone gets really grossed out when i do this, it's kind of funny.


I tried that just now. A nosebleed was my reward.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 10:46:54 am »

Silencio!
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 11:38:40 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Silencio!


That was my second thought.  My first thought was AAAAAUGH.
Will report back with third thought after attempting a "split on green" interpretation.
Logged
goose means greedy

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 11:40:51 am »

I think we probably deserved a good obtuse strip about now. It's also good to see swinging arms again.

My favorite part is totally "Damn, Cartilage Head, huh? I really wasn't ready for that this week". Also, what on earth is Ray holding at the end there
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Doctor C

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 11:43:54 am »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
My favorite part is totally "Damn, Cartilage Head, huh? I really wasn't ready for that this week". Also, what on earth is Ray holding at the end there

I don't think he's holding anything, I think he's just recoiling in horror

Cartilage Head is what would have happened if Tim Burton had made The Nightmare Before Christmas in collaboration with David Lynch
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 12:05:25 pm »

Not to be a dick but is Onstad re-using panels now? I'm not complaining, the strip is gold and the bottom three rows are all new but I just want to be sure I'm not crazy. I don't even like bringing it up, I feel like I've lost at some game of 'lets see if the pathetic fans will bitch about this' that Onstad is playing.
The implication that they don't really want to go to Cartlage head but have to for some reason makes this way better for me.
Also Ray's reaction is exactly my expression when a friend took me to a movie recently called Mysterious Skin.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 12:51:12 pm »

Cartilage Head looks sort of like Marathe's wife in Infinite Jest.

It's going to be a couple weeks before I stop relating everything to that damn book. But don't worry, I'm meeting Terry Pratchett tonight and finally starting Discworld.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 01:38:10 pm »

I like the hell out of this strip.

That's all.
Logged

JordanB

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Tuesday, Sep 13 Cartilage Head
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 02:49:24 pm »

I haven't been this creeped out by an Achewood strip
since Trouble-Man and No-No.

Ray's probably the sort of guy who feels self-conscious
that he doesn't move his arms enough or doesn't make himself
noticable enough when he walks, so he swings them
really wide.  Am I the only who finds that distracting?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up