Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Contest  (Read 3761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

natasha

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:02:09 pm »

Who else thinks that we need another photo contest?!

*rant* I would say HECK YES... but I "won a prize" last year for the naked cowboy picture... except I never received my prize! I have emailed Onstad a bunch of times about this and he has replied a couple of times saying he would send it.  Its been about a year now so I am just resigned to the fact that I will never get my comic books.  :(

My answer is still HECK YES, actually.  I love t-shirt action shots and must admit I am quite the webcomic tshirt addict.

Oh, that gives me an idea... people, post humourous pics of yourself in your achewood gear.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:31:08 pm »

Have I met my match?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 11:31:30 pm »

Who is we? I don't remember TOUAMB having a photo contest (although the no-#####-day controversy will live on forever).

I would give up on prizes at this point from Onstad, too. Clearly he has moved on.

So, also, welcome to the TOUAMB. Remember it's The Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board, so any issues you have with merchandise/prizes etc. should be taken somewhere, well, "Official".

So what's up with that naked cowboy, anyway?
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:51:36 pm »

I see your naked cowboy, and raise you Bruce Campbell!



I am wearing my Ray shirt there. And my narcolepsy kicked in right in the middle of the air guitar solo I was performing for him.

Not really, it's just a shitty picture. Bruce looks entertained though.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 12:10:53 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Have I met my match?


Naw, neither one of them looks anything like you.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Photo Contest
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 12:34:47 am »

Great picture, r_r_c. Sadly, the only assisting picture of me in Achewood gear (as far as I know) is the "me in front of my dorm with a friend, looking befuddled" picture I passed around last pic-swap, and it's not funny, except in that we're funny-looking.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Photo Contest
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 01:21:30 am »

I have a picture of me really stoned with some friends in my science shirt, and another of me putting on tefillin in my science shirt, but neither one is that spectacular.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Photo Contest
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 01:29:38 am »

I can't find any pictures of myself in my Special Boy shirt, however...

Back in high school, my friend Jesse took a photo of me, Avedon-style, against a white background, looking sullen and unflatteringly lit, and I was wearing said shirt, with a long-sleeved polyester shirt under it.  He got a good mark on his assignment, and then I found out this year that he'd done a gigantic painting of a party scene with all his friends, and there I am in it, wearing my ironic blouse and Achewood shirt.  I wish I had a photo to corroberate this, but it was still kinda neat.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 02:10:46 am »

You are going to have to do more than just talk about a picture in order to win this contest.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Photo Contest
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 02:46:26 am »

I agree. Don't dress us up and not take us anywhere, Max. I put on a good shirt and slacks after I read your post!
Logged
I am older now.

natasha

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 05:39:25 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Who is we? I don't remember TOUAMB having a photo contest (although the no-******-day controversy will live on forever).

I would give up on prizes at this point from Onstad, too. Clearly he has moved on.

So, also, welcome to the TOUAMB. Remember it's The Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board, so any issues you have with merchandise/prizes etc. should be taken somewhere, well, "Official".

So what's up with that naked cowboy, anyway?


Well yes I know its UNofficial.. I was just WHINING. :)

I have no idea what is up with the naked cowboy.  He is clearly not naked.  And clearly not an actual cowboy?  I am not sure what constitutes a cowboy nowadays.  

But I did plan to wear my phillipe shirt to NYC figuring a photo op would present itself.  Now I get to have internet non-fame, in a picture that I look goofy in (to say the least) with nothing to show for it.

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 05:34:39 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
Funny that the only two photos I have of me in achewood clothing are this bad...

'I am really high and covering my face and the whole thing is sort of last supper-ish'

'I am really tired because I am a camp counselor and it is 5:00 in the goddamn morning and it is also color war - triple whammy'


1) Last Supperish, maybe...if the middle guy were covering his ears and the last guy his mouth, better yet.

2) What's a color war? It sounds bad in the social order sense.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Photo Contest
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 05:37:59 pm »

My understanding is that they have it at most summer camps, mine included.  Basically the whole camp is divided into a certain number of teams (in our case 4) and spends the entire day competing in different sports/relay events, and there's lots of ridiculous cheering and singing and you have to dress in your color etc. (I was on the green team, you can actually see the word 'yarok' in the background which is hebrew for 'green').  It sucks bad enough for a camper, but for a counselor it's a huge hassle because your kids basically have free reign of the whole camp all day to get into just massive amounts of shit.  14 year old boys need a tighter leash than color war can provide, in general.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 05:41:54 pm »

Thanks. I read the sign and was too lazy to look up 'Yarok'.

After further review of your flickr site I have only one really strange question.

Assuming (evidence based) that you worked at if not a predominantly Jewish summer camp, then an excluisively Jewish summer camp, I have to wonder what the story is behind the kid named "Ho Chi" who looks pretty much as non-vietnamese as the rest of your campers.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up