Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Contest  (Read 3768 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Photo Contest
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 07:52:08 pm »

One trick to managing 14 year olds is that there is nothing they love more than vaguely insulting nicknames from their counselors.  Somehow this builds bunk unity like a charm.  Ho Chi (whose actual name is Adam) told us some weird story about his vietnamese barber, I think, so we went with the famed vietcong leader.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 08:32:23 pm »

Weird.
He was the only one without a normal-seeming name.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 08:52:41 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
One trick to managing 14 year olds is that there is nothing they love more than vaguely insulting nicknames from their counselors.  Somehow this builds bunk unity like a charm.  Ho Chi (whose actual name is Adam) told us some weird story about his vietnamese barber, I think, so we went with the famed vietcong leader.

At my camp the names never came from the counselors. One did try to give us baseball-ish names to fit with the theme of our suite (every counsellor's suite had to have a theme) but nobody ever used them. While there's a guy that we still refer to as Boston almost 10 years later. I couldn't supply his real first name if you paid me.

Dammit, now I'm all nostalgic about summer camp. I remember in 8th grade when we had a field day and regular team names were forbidden. So my suite called itself "Andre's House of Body Oil." We were soundly defeated in the silly games they make kids play at summer camp by "The Radioactive Meatballs." Shit, we had cheers and banners and everything. They even made us come up with a theme song. Good times.

I also suddenly want to play four square, spades, and egyptian rat screw. Ah summer camp, how I miss you.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Photo Contest
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 10:14:27 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I see your naked cowboy, and raise you Bruce Campbell!

[...]

I am wearing my Ray shirt there. And my narcolepsy kicked in right in the middle of the air guitar solo I was performing for him.

Not really, it's just a shitty picture. Bruce looks entertained though.


Bruce Campbell visited Salt Lake recently, but I was out of town.  Did you see his movie?

Oh, and it actually looks like you are making the wanking gesture at something he is saying...?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 10:51:23 pm »

I thought maybe he was playing air guitar...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Photo Contest
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 12:11:52 am »

I saw Bruce Campbell in the Bourse Building in Philly when he was signing copies of his book, and while I didn't feel like standing in the line to get a book signed I did, like a dork, shout over to him "Hail to the king, baby." and he shot me with a gun made from his hand.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 01:11:30 am »

Cort, what the hell is Egyptian Rat Screw, dammit.  There's no way I'm going to risk Googling that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 01:19:41 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Cort, what the hell is Egyptian Rat Screw, dammit.  There's no way I'm going to risk Googling that.


Quote from: "[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Rat_Screw
Wikipedia[/url]"]Egyptian Ratscrew [...] is a card game of the accumulation family, reminiscent of Slapjack and Beggar-My-Neighbour, but more complex. The game is played with a standard 52-card deck (or with multiple standard decks shuffled together with large numbers of players)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up