Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com  (Read 7608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 07:17:47 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Also, I really can't say anything bad about a strip that contains dinosaurs talking about Discrete Math. That's just plain LEGIT.


Yea, as I said, I love the writing, which genuinely makes me laugh (or smirk which is laughing to me when I'm alone in a room), and I will continue to check em out.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 08:11:33 pm »

Hey, Ryan, it's not that I think you suck, I just don't get it and/or it doesn't appeal to me. My opinion is based on my reaction. It's as meaningless (and meaningful) as every opinion here.

But being a sort of failed (or unstarted or not restarted) writer myself I'm really glad you are out there doing you're thing. Because I'm not, which sucks six kinds of ass in and of itself.

Do your thing, wildman.
Logged

Ryan

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 08:45:02 pm »

Holy cow guys!  You can think what you want of my comic; I know it's not for everyone!  

THAT BEING SAID, all these compliments are nice!  More please.

legit wildman,
Ryan

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 09:27:30 pm »

I GUESS THERE IS A LESSON HERE FOR US ALL
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 11:20:29 pm »

Quote from: "Absentee Landlady"
I GUESS THERE IS A LESSON HERE FOR US ALL


Lessons!? Here!?
Dear me what has become of us!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2003, 12:12:05 am »

I actually think these are turbo-rad, if you will pardon the modern slang that I just made up.  I'm really looking forward to reading through the archives.

I'd go so far as to buy a shirt if it wouldnt end up costing like 50 of my meagre canadian dollars.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2003, 01:58:51 pm »

I couldn't help myself.  

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2003, 04:02:59 pm »

JL, you need to make your own web comics.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2003, 04:39:03 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
JL, you need to make your own web comics.


Why, because I'm good at it, or to keep me from messing with other people's strips?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2003, 12:16:18 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
JL, you need to make your own web comics.


Why, because I'm good at it, or to keep me from messing with other people's strips?


Just to keep you busy.  You seem to have too much time on your hands.

P.S. You misspelled "achewood" at the bottom of it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2003, 01:44:08 am »

AUGH!  I'm a moron!  

I'll fix it as soon as Spouse gives me my computer back.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Thak

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2003, 09:37:08 am »

Oh man, I love these Dinosaur comics.

Great work, Ryan.
Logged

Ryan

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2003, 09:37:57 pm »

Hooray for me!

Also I put Jamie's guest comic up (a long time ago).

Can you believe I forgot my password here?

conure

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2004, 02:15:59 am »

Quantz is wonderful- for a variety of reasons. The writing is inventive and stays fresh, and the repetetiveness of the pictures just becomes funnier with time. Also, I find it odd how I start to put expression and character into the T-Rex's face, when it has so little.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2004, 03:05:49 pm »

Lesbians!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up