Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005  (Read 3388 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:20:55 am »

I feel bad for starting the topic as I have nothing to say about this strip.
Well, nothing nice anyway.
Problem with being surreal is that you're forever standing on the edge of lapsing into self-parody.
Oh, look how weird this strip is. Ha...ha?
I just want Ray to say "hella" or for Beef to be unhappy.
Sigh.

Edit: Actually, that second panel is kinda lush. There you go, it's not all bad.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 10:21:51 am »

Yeah.. I, too, enjoyed looking at panel 2
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 10:40:29 am »

What's going on in this strip?
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 10:43:11 am »

Yeah, panel 2 rocks. Transcendant wine was never better realized in art form.

This arc is getting sadder and sadder for me. Cartilage Head is so nice and yet SO CREEPY so he gets no recognition for being the former. Poor Ray. Poor CH. Poor everybody. Dammit.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

stringph

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I been meanin' to learn a little geometry
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 11:16:40 am »

Coffee, Strawberries, Banana, Grape, Cinnamon.

German red wine? It's conceivable, but only just.

~~~T~~~
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:15:49 pm »

Two things:

I love the look on Ray's face when an unseen hand "KLANK"s the food down in front of him.

I also love the fact that CH plays an instrument very analagous to himself (in both tone and appearance nonetheless, now THAT is a class act).

The only thing I'm wondering, is why after a cornucopia, so to speak, appears in panel 2, does the vino go all kinds of clear on dang ol' Ray?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 12:53:19 pm »

So was the click the door being locked or just the server leaving the room?
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 01:49:56 pm »

Did I hallucinate last week someone saying CH should play the singing saw?  I swear I saw that somewhere but now I can't find it AND IT'S TRUE.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 03:16:29 pm »

See, I interpreted this as CH's singing saw playing somehow making the food materialize, much like he previously dispensed wine. Even if it is just an unseen server, it's transcendently creepy.

I love this arc more than I can properly convey in words.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 06:00:34 pm »

I took the click as the door locking. Ray kind of looks startled.

Ray's weeping again.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 06:13:17 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I took the click as the door locking. Ray kind of looks startled.

Ray's weeping again.

Ray weeping is sort of creepy because, as far as I know, we've never seen Ray cry for any genuine reason before -- typically it's because of blatantly supernatural causes, and while CH is pretty supernatural himself, I don't think he's exactly forcing Ray to cry. It's interesting to watch Ray really, truly have an unnerved reaction to something.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 07:54:51 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
typically it's because of blatantly supernatural causes


You missed out the best one.
(I'd CJ it but it would take me hours!)

A bloo blah bloo bloo blah...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 08:08:33 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
typically it's because of blatantly supernatural causes


You missed out the best one.
(I'd CJ it but it would take me hours!)

A bloo blah bloo bloo blah...

If you mean this one, it was my first link. Or was there another A BLOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOO strip that I'm forgetting now?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up