Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 921 Elden -- 21 September 2005  (Read 10966 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dryguy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
  • Fighting entropy since 1933.
    • View Profile
I am ghost car.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 12:23:37 am »

Quote from: "southworth813"
Anybody else notice that the car is suddenly transparent?


I noticed the car is a black silhouette - not a surprise for a scene in the dark. How do you figure it is transparent?
Logged
Stamp out entropy.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I am ghost car.
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 12:55:53 am »

Quote from: "dryguy"
Quote from: "southworth813"
Anybody else notice that the car is suddenly transparent?

I noticed the car is a black silhouette - not a surprise for a scene in the dark. How do you figure it is transparent?

In panel one look down by the tires and axles, you can see the road through the car. Now look at the last panel and you can see parts of the sidewalk through the car. But on the previous day it looks totally solid. So it appear that the car is fading away.
Logged

takethemoneyandRUN

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: I am ghost car.
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 01:26:49 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "dryguy"
Quote from: "southworth813"
Anybody else notice that the car is suddenly transparent?

I noticed the car is a black silhouette - not a surprise for a scene in the dark. How do you figure it is transparent?

In panel one look down by the tires and axles, you can see the road through the car. Now look at the last panel and you can see parts of the sidewalk through the car. But on the previous day it looks totally solid. So it appear that the car is fading away.


It's just like that to show the detail of the wheels.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 02:11:11 am »

i don't know if i have enough posts for you to not delete my account ?

please don't delete my account
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 02:20:39 am »

I never had this tagged as a setup.  This just proves to me that Cartliage Head is a goddamned entertainer, the likes of which we have never seen.

And he creeps me out to no end.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Emory

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • http://envisibility.net/
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 03:10:59 am »

Quote from: "Emory"
I doubt that this is the end of this particular story-line. 'Grand Finale' might refer more to CH's performance, not the story. Onstad leaves the end wide open. Perhaps Ray will take his car... He's been known to do things of that sort.



Oh man. I totally called this yesterday.
Logged

siroxo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I am ghost car.
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 04:05:34 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "dryguy"
Quote from: "southworth813"
Anybody else notice that the car is suddenly transparent?

I noticed the car is a black silhouette - not a surprise for a scene in the dark. How do you figure it is transparent?

In panel one look down by the tires and axles, you can see the road through the car. Now look at the last panel and you can see parts of the sidewalk through the car. But on the previous day it looks totally solid. So it appear that the car is fading away.

It looks like Onstad has reposted the 921 Elden strip with a solid black silhouette, no more see through car.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 04:52:00 am »

Damn those Illustrator opacities!

idealneo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twentyeighthavenue.com/
Re: I am ghost car.
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 12:04:19 pm »

Quote from: "siroxo"

It looks like Onstad has reposted the 921 Elden strip with a solid black silhouette, no more see through car.



damn!  i wonder if anyone stole the image before it was changed
Logged
Ideal for quick, discreet interventions.

... but it's also kind of a cool, dangerous feeling

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 03:52:06 pm »

Pointless (really really pointless) observation -- is it 921 Elden because it's the 9/21 strip?
Logged

hello_jello

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 07:15:50 pm »

Quote from: "beanmom"
Pointless (really really pointless) observation -- is it 921 Elden because it's the 9/21 strip?


No.


ha ha Just kidding that is not a thing that I would know DONT DELETE MY ACCOUNT BTW I AM STILL HERE P.S. DON'T DELETE MY ACCOUNT as I'm pretty sure my post count will be at zero for a few more weeks. I don't feel like upgrading just yet.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 07:50:52 pm »

Quote from: "hello_jello"
ha ha Just kidding that is not a thing that I would know DONT DELETE MY ACCOUNT BTW I AM STILL HERE P.S. DON'T DELETE MY ACCOUNT as I'm pretty sure my post count will be at zero for a few more weeks. I don't feel like upgrading just yet.


Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I think maybe you misunderstand the system - by posting (which you have clearly just done), your post count is raised by one.  So, if you had started with 0, you now have 1.  Which is not 0.  Therefore, your account will not be deleted.

At the time of this writing, you have 3 posts.  3!=0, so you're fine.

Carry on.

edit: After reading this post no fewer than 4 times during writing and later thread review, I still can't type.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:29 pm »

Was there some other phrase I should have used other than post count?

I don't know - I just meant that post once, post ANYTHING, and you're fine.

Dang, people sure do get worked up about accounts that they've never actually used.

hello_jello

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2005, 02:29:40 am »

christ fine i will pay for the upgrade but you realize this is pretty much extortion right

paypal?





GUYS I AM JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!1 I know I'm not getting BOLEETED! Keep your I Heart Ray Smuckles size xxl BOXERS ON

<3
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
921 Elden -- 21 September 2005
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 04:05:30 am »

Jough, please consider a higher deletion standard than 0 posts.

Thanks.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up