Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: We're Moving on Thursday.  (Read 2985 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We're Moving on Thursday.
« on: September 21, 2005, 05:20:43 pm »

Hey kids,

We're going to be moving TOUAMB from:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com

to

http://achewood.saddestthing.com/forums/

sometime on Thursday, 23 September 2005.

I figured we should consolidate all of the Achewood stuff onto TheSaddestThing.com as I'm about 75% done with the tagging project as well.

In the meantime, you can marvel at the Achewiki, already at TST:

http://achewood.saddestthing.com/wiki/

-- Jough

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 05:27:11 pm »

Cripes... Now that I'm going to have to get used to!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 05:30:21 pm »

And just when I'd perfected my muscle memory to be able to type "achewood.plagiarist.com" in under one second.

NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

Nevermind, you'll probably just suggest that I use bookmarks like a normal person.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 06:48:25 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"

Nevermind, you'll probably just suggest that I use bookmarks like a normal person.


Exactly my sentiments you see. But I never get round to being organised about my bookmarks and thus it's a really bad way of dealing with it.
Often I just wheel through my list of recently visited pages in the address bar for it...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:24:27 pm »

Also, there will be a permanent redirect for those who forget or have linked to the site from outside.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 07:39:15 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "acoxcae"

Nevermind, you'll probably just suggest that I use bookmarks like a normal person.

Exactly my sentiments you see. But I never get round to being organised about my bookmarks and thus it's a really bad way of dealing with it.
Often I just wheel through my list of recently visited pages in the address bar for it...

I have a set of bookmarks that opens automatically once a day with Firefox but beyond that I too tend to fall into the address bar autocomplete trap.
Logged

Plasmatypus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 02:44:00 am »

I've been lurking for some time now.  Was it wrong to register and get in a first post just to be able to look down at those who joined "post-move"?  Probably.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 04:11:20 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I have a set of bookmarks that opens automatically once a day with Firefox but beyond that I too tend to fall into the address bar autocomplete trap.


Whoa, computers can do this now?  Godamn.  I need to get me Firefox.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 01:04:25 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I have a set of bookmarks that opens automatically once a day with Firefox but beyond that I too tend to fall into the address bar autocomplete trap.

Whoa, computers can do this now?  Godamn.  I need to get me Firefox.

I think this might be a feature of the Tabbrowser Extension. You can tell it open a certain set of tabs every time you open Firefox or there's a checkbox to have it only open them the first time you open Firefox each day. Which is cool if you have a set of pages that you go to every single morning.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 05:12:31 pm »

Just a reminder that sometime tonight (between 6PM and 10PM EST) I'll be switching over to the new server.

The board should only be down for about ten minutes.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 11:46:35 pm »

I have to bookmark this site because I can't spell plagarist.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 12:02:11 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I can't spell plagarist.

::rim shot!::
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 12:47:20 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I have to bookmark this site because I can't spell plagarist.

~Paul


Just copy off somebody.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 01:56:55 am »

Well, I got busy today, but I'll take care of this... soon.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
We're Moving on Thursday.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 10:25:45 pm »

It still says "plagiarist" in the browser window.

Oh my God...that means I'm still strapped to the chair in Rekall!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up