Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place (08-26-03)  (Read 3799 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Ray's Place (08-26-03)
« on: August 26, 2003, 04:14:28 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:22:03 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 04:22:44 pm »

ICP! Ha!
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 05:30:47 pm »

For some reason, it was the picture of Ray that really made me laugh.  I clicked on that link expecting to see a photo of an actual American Curl (like the one that was posted on the old Dumbrella board at one point).  Getting Ray's drivers license picture instead was wonderful...

But, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 05:41:40 pm »

Loved the kick the cat advice.  Assholes only respect other assholes.   Hmmmm, thought provoking.

Also, did anybody think the Scottish Fold's accent sounded like Homestar Runner's?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 06:39:51 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Loved the kick the cat advice.  Assholes only respect other assholes.   Hmmmm, thought provoking.

Also, did anybody think the Scottish Fold's accent sounded like Homestar Runner's?


I did love the kick the cat. Coming from a cat it was perfect.
And I hadn't attached the accent to anything, but now you mention! It even kind of looks like the cat version of Homsar; all, earless and retarded looking!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 06:51:48 pm »

Quote from: "Ray"

There is no style of language that is further from emotional honesty than the language which is used in government documents.


Well said.

Pretty good column this week, despite Ray's being back in 1882.

I'm also wondering how Chris would know this, but okay, I'll assume Ray or Philippe left a note or something.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 07:21:54 pm »

Man, I hadn't even clicked on the link to Ray's driver's license photo. Shows me.

That said, another week of really solid advice. The ongoing saga of the celibate guy is really sort of sad; Ray's right on in the sadness and insincerity of the guy's voice when he talks about it. "Perfectly willing to live this way," indeed.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 02:09:27 am »

I hope everyone is keeping Peter L. Tauss in their prayers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Ray's Place of August 26th
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 07:18:53 am »

I'm pretty sure the celibate guy is WraithTDK.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up