Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texas Weather  (Read 2828 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Texas Weather
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:33:29 am »

Hey anyone heard from Paul and Starlight? Anyone else on the windward coast of Texas right now? What's going on down there?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Texas Weather
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:43:07 pm »

I'm Here.  I was planning to evacuate to my Sisters house 30 miles to the north, but it looks like i'm stuck, at least for the time being.  I'll be (non partisan) ranting about our governments evacuation plan shortly.  At any rate I'm 70 miles from the coast so I think i'm fine where i'm at. I'm in an 80 something year old house that has stood the test of time and i'm in The Heights which as the name suggest isn't prone to flooding.  So i'm more concerned about wind than water, but the storm seems to be nudging ever so slightly to the east which is good for me.  I've got non perishable food and i've drawn water just in case.  If the traffic eases I still plan to move north.  Starlight lives south of me relatively near the coast.  I don't know if she is in the mandatory evacuation zone, but she's very near it at any rate.  I hope she has gotten out.  I'm sure she has, so she's almost certainly stuck in traffic right now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 04:08:18 am »

Well, good luck to you. I assume sometime Saturday you'll lose power at the least. We're thinking about you. Oahu hasn't been seriously hit by a hurricane in a long time. They seem to always hit Kauai. (and those sometimes hit the Western end of Oahu)

So anyhow, hang in there.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Texas Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 12:53:40 am »

New post on Starlight's LiveJournal.  Sounds a bit stressed, but OK.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 09:24:06 am »

So, Y'all, was it as anticlimactic as it seemed from way over here?
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Texas Weather
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 04:32:39 am »

Here half the people in my building cleared out and headed north.  I told them they were bloody idiots because the walls here are, like, foot thick reinforced concrete and we're on the high ground.  But they left nonetheless, and in the end we didn't even get enough rain to make puddles.

To the east of us, however, there was a great deal of destruction.

Then again, how could you tell if, say, Huntsville had been destroyed?
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up