Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat  (Read 4731 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« on: September 26, 2005, 06:20:01 am »

Apparently Roast Beef has very well-defined taste in music.

I need to have a variety of music in my car such that Kraftwerk and Lyle Lovett can live in dissonant harmony.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

JordanB

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 06:48:14 am »

Evidently Beef subscribes to the attitudinal theory
of evaluative language, but not so much
that he isn't willing specifically to point it out.

Even so, A.J. Ayer would be proud.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 07:43:55 am »

I don't know.  I like the idea of these petty disputes with the Missus, but a joke about Germans being into people going to the bathroom on them?  Ho hum.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:53:00 am »

To me, it seemed like he was saying that he doesn't need to say he'd go to the bathroom on Kraftwerk because there were already people willing to do so, i.e. already a bunch of others who hate them.

I never even considered that he was saying the liked that sort of thing. But maybe that's because it's really early.

Either way, is Roast Beef saying that he doesn't like Kraftwerk? I find that hard to believe.

Also, the topic for this thread shoulda been "Don't Ya Steal Mah Hat."

I'm just sayin'.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 12:13:47 pm »

Definitely put me in the "I don't like Molly" camp.  I'm not entirely certain why she's with my main man Beef there, but hell, if I could figure out some of my friends relationships then I'd probably be involved in such as some other business for working.

For the record, Kraftwerk does hire guys to come pee on them; they're called SQUAD.P#, and they have impeccable aim (so as not to hit the *****s).
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »

I think the alt text is easily the funniest thing about this strip.

Also, why does Molly like Lyle Lovett at all? Irony value?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 12:39:20 pm »

I unironically like Lyle Lovett. It's not difficult.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 02:10:08 pm »

Mattgiraffe, you totally caved on changing the thread subject. Don't let that pushy jerk arlucasinc push you around! Stick by your internet guns, man!

Besides, everybody knows the thread should have been called "agh!".

Obviously.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 03:42:18 pm »

I like the current subject better, as it doesn't give away the "punchline" for those who checked here before reading the strip.

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 03:58:44 pm »

You used to be cool.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 05:01:35 pm »

Quote from: "southworth813"
You used to be cool.

When was this?

Man, I'm practically beggin to be banned. Or at least to get an insulting title.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 05:14:06 pm »

Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye is punishment enough for you, Cort.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 05:42:30 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Either way, is Roast Beef saying that he doesn't like Kraftwerk? I find that hard to believe.


How could Beef NOT like Kraftwerk? They wrote songs about pocket calculators, for pete's sake!
I think his last remark was totally out of respect for them Krauts.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 11:18:51 pm »

I don't see how that's not Beef's Lovett tape that already in the dash.  Dude likes to have an odd mix of music in the car even if it's stuff he don't like.  He wouldn't let Molly put it in for the first place if she brought it from other areas.  This also is a painfully jolting jump from CH.  

Cartilidge Head >>>>> Lyle Lovett.   (???)  



Other asinine comments:

I ordered a hoodie from achewood finally.  I'll post a picture when it gets here in TEN YEARS.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Sept. 26th: Don't Ya Steal Mah' Hat
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005, 01:00:17 am »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
I don't see how that's not Beef's Lovett tape that already in the dash.  Dude likes to have an odd mix of music in the car even if it's stuff he don't like.


I find it likely he keeps it in there just to skip through, as that action is oddly comforting.

I changed the title because not only was Jough right in that the punchline was rather compromised, but Mah' Hat is so much funnier
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up