Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.  (Read 9807 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« on: September 27, 2005, 10:54:59 am »

Jamie the Science friend is a terrible TV moniker, but I suppose it beats Bill Nye the Science Guy by a few metres at least.

Also, a faux Mexican chihuahua accent is not how I want to get today's latest atom and molecule news.

Further Also, I like how in the second panel you can see Ray was attempting to figure it out on his own; the basic methods of which involved a simple flashlight and the opening of a panel.  Such is the explorations a la Ray.

Edit: Further astute commentary by yours truly, really I'm very sorry about this.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 11:11:25 am »

why did it take me ten minutes after i saw your post to see the actual strip?  for a while it was just yesterday's, but i'd read this and assumed you were craaaazy.

funny stuff, this.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:28:59 am »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
why did it take me ten minutes after i saw your post to see the actual strip?  for a while it was just yesterday's, but i'd read this and assumed you were craaaazy.

Sometimes you gotta hit refresh.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 12:23:46 pm »

Panel four is perfect, the essence of Ray.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 12:41:55 pm »

You're also assuming I'm not "craaaazy"

I mean.. I don't have a [Sane] stamp on my hand or anything.  I guess I'll check and see if it's written on my underwear later.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 12:57:19 pm »

What I'm wondering is was Ray's printer jammed/broken or was he just looking inside with a flashlight because he was bored and curious?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:16:43 pm »

I say the latter. Sometimes a man just needs to Investigate.

This is funny and all, but I'm not quite feeling it. Maybe once CH isn't so fresh.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 02:05:40 pm »

Ray in the last panel was the final punchline for me, just very Ray to do the (supposed) hollywood thing of 'We love you, you should do that on tv. Now here are all the things you should change.'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Re: 09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the g
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 02:10:29 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Jamie the Science friend is a terrible TV moniker, but I suppose it beats Bill Nye the Science Guy by a few metres at least.


Blasphemy!
Logged
goose means greedy

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 02:10:40 pm »

So when Ray asked how it worked, and Beef started to explain how, I thought Ray was pissed because he was wondering about stuff like:  how to turn it on, how to install the drivers, how to connect it to the computer.  Stuff like that.  But he really wanted to know how it worked.  Why the fuck did he want to know that?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the g
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 02:11:11 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Jamie the Science friend is a terrible TV moniker, but I suppose it beats Bill Nye the Science Guy by a few metres at least.


Blasphemy!


My thoughts exactly, andalucia.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 02:15:37 pm »

Blasphemy nothing!  I'm a Beakman man till the day I shuffle off this something or other...  WORD UP MY DROOGS!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 02:22:01 pm »

I originally read this as "Jaime the science FIEND" and totally think it sounds better. Some wacky latino just FIENDING for Science, baby, FIENDING!


Also: not scandinavian hip-hop, but much much better:Bollywood Meets Beatles (choreography: Luigi Galvani)
Logged

James

  • Guest
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005, 02:58:44 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
So when Ray asked how it worked, and Beef started to explain how, I thought Ray was pissed because he was wondering about stuff like:  how to turn it on, how to install the drivers, how to connect it to the computer.  Stuff like that.  But he really wanted to know how it worked.  Why the fuck did he want to know that?

Just because? I have often wondered how a laser printer works, and now, thanks to Achewood, I know.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
09/27/05 Straight-up saying science for the man on the go.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005, 04:35:27 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Blasphemy nothing!  I'm a Beakman man till the day I shuffle off this something or other...  WORD UP MY DROOGS!


I have Beakman's autograph. I saw him do a show LIVE at a children's science museum. It changed my life forever (I took an introductory science course once).

Beakman is the best by far. Bill Nye was just a ripoff.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up