Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back  (Read 1458 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« on: September 28, 2005, 02:09:27 am »

Are you Watching this?  Awesome.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 04:33:35 am »

Yeah, it was actually two parts, two hours last night, and then another hour and a half tonight (plus a half an hour discussion between Charlie Rose and Martin Scorsese after) and it is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.  I don't use the word "Inspiring" very often, but damn if this wasn't inspiring.  

Oh, and this one's called "No Direction Home" - Don't Look Back was the old document of his 1966 U.K. tour (and it's on DVD and also very much worth seeing).

Anyway, great stuff.  It'll be on PBS all week at various times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 05:59:30 am »

I'm holding out for the DVD.  It's out, I'm just broke.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 11:15:50 pm »

Oops, uuhh, that was a typo, yeah that's the ticket.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 11:36:25 pm »

Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 06:59:37 pm »

I want to track this down. It was on over here at like, the same time. Which is a nice touch from the Beeb. But I was at a friends house when the first was on so I'll have to try and find it...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 10:37:20 pm »

Slink, I don't know about R2 where you are, but it was available here on DVD a week before it aired on PBS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up