Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.  (Read 4155 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« on: September 28, 2005, 09:23:10 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09282005
 
I'm totally picturing a repeat of this incident, but with Beef instead.

Aside from the subject title and Beef's worry that he might get his ass beat down, I didn't really think that today's was that funny.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:02:29 pm »

It's a scene-setter.

I'm just pleased that "Strip returns Thursday" didn't actually play out. Unless this means no strip tomorrow.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:32:55 pm »

Are you kidding me.

- Roast Beef talking in a fake accent

- Continually breaking into his own act with commentary

- Ray's somewhat hurried-sounding dismissals

Basically panels 4-6 are chuckleworthy all on their own
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:37:37 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Basically panels 4-6 are chuckleworthy all on their own


Unfortunately, there are other panels that follow and preceed.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:51:06 pm »

Normally it's all about the eyebrows. And while I'm not denying the awesomeness of Beef's eyebrows in his accent panels today it's also about Ray's outfit.
Logged

James

  • Guest
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 11:58:37 pm »

For me it is all about Ray's headphones being nowhere near his ears. And "Maybe ju an' me are amigos!". And "I don't have time to debate what makes a friendship meaningful".

A++ would read again
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 12:00:26 am »

Muy Muy bueno.

I have not much to say about this strip, except I am wondering why Beef thinks the tagline implies that Latinos will think he's making fun of them via meaningless friendship conduits?  I would be more worried about just offending them with the REeeeedeeeculos accent!

But I suppose this is a cat who imagines titty-buxx falling on him and thus it is his triumph and it is his tragedy.

Also, doesn't Ray look like every studio record producer in such as a movie or tv show that you have ever gazed upon and had it gaze back and then maybe a guy in a sports car learns something of the value of life.

Woah.. I went all.. tangential.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 12:16:35 am »

I just like the tiny pig that's inexplicably on the Jaime the Science Friend set. I mean, what?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 12:35:08 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I just like the tiny pig that's inexplicably on the Jaime the Science Friend set. I mean, what?


Well clearly that is the Science pig, he is used for most excellent science....

either that or it's the bank, in which RBK has hidden various dirty pennies....

sorry folks, just thinking out loud here.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 02:54:27 am »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Well clearly that is the Science pig, he is used for most excellent science....

either that or it's the bank, in which RBK has hidden various dirty pennies....


I'm banking (ha!) on the latter.

It's good to see that Yo Reado Dos Math Books! is finally (sort of, not really) paying off for Beef. I really like the dialogue in this one, and the fake moustache certainly is...moustachudinous?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 03:24:41 am »

Boy, when Beef wears a mustache you can really see the resemblance between him and Showbiz.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 04:07:05 am »

Quote from: "James"
For me it is all about Ray's headphones being nowhere near his ears.


OMG that thing with the headphones is just frikkin' hilarious.

Does anyone else miss Philippe?
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 01:16:49 pm »

this is the best strip ever since the last best strip ever and sure to reign supremely until the next best strip ever.

i can't think of a single thing i don't like about this strip, and i'm the person who says "yes, it is a pretty day, but it's days like this you get hit by a meteor.".
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 03:00:46 pm »

I would like to think that Ray wrote the script, completely neglecting Beef's science-saying skills.

"I get this penny and it was muy brown!"

Must be Ray.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 07:01:56 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Does anyone else miss Philippe?


Ay yi yi!  Si, quiro mucho.  The little Otter!  Oi.


edit:  yeah and notice my signature.  there will be no doubt where my humor preferences lie.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up