Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!  (Read 4314 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:03:57 am »

Damn.

Good thing Roast Beef's got the little fake moustache. Raoul Cousins, we heardly knew ye.

Note that the little pig and science apparatus on the first cover today also appeared in the yesterday's strip.

There's some fun little continuity in there as well, Prime Time Studios is Ray's record label that we haven't heard anything about for a few years.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 10:23:09 am »

I like how the pig shares the cover of Hispanic Scientist.

Plus who hasn't thought "?Beaker!", but really shouldn't it be "żBeaker?!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 01:32:08 pm »

I think the gnaborreti might even be appropriate in this instance.

Anyway, I think this is the first Jaime the Science Friend strip that has actually made me laugh. The graphic design is also pretty classy, and I like that Ray was apparently smart enough to not actually name Roast Beef in his hideous failed project.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 06:14:24 pm »

Well, he has some experience with performing under a pseudonym.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 06:43:27 pm »

I enjoy that all three anti-Jaime publications chose the exact same Jaime pose to depict their mortal enemy, as if zeroing in precisely on his most offensive moment.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 06:55:28 pm »

Is it possible that these headlines are in Beef's imagination?  That they're just what he worries will happen if they go forward?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

James

  • Guest
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 07:17:02 pm »

That was my first thought, but the level of detail suggests not: surely Beef's nightmares wouldn't include the get-out clause of a pseudonym.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 08:32:02 pm »

Quote from: "James"
That was my first thought, but the level of detail suggests not: surely Beef's nightmares wouldn't include the get-out clause of a pseudonym.

On the contrary, I think they would. There are many words that describe Beef, but amongst the chief ones I would use is "meticulous".
Logged

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 08:51:45 pm »

Doesn't "Chinga" mean "fuck" in Spanish?

If so how can they get away with that on magazine covers?  I'm thinking this is all in RB's mind.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 03:20:39 am »

Quote from: "Karva"
how can they get away with that on magazine covers?  


Because this has just pissed everyone off that no one will complain.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doctor C

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 05:54:19 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Is it possible that these headlines are in Beef's imagination?  That they're just what he worries will happen if they go forward?

Nah, based on past form if it was all in Beef's head we'd see the magazines in a series of thought bubbles above an ever-more distressed/agitated Roast Beef
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 08:11:34 pm »

The alt-text is great.  It's very convenient to have all those listings for blibbity-bloo.   I can see where that will save time both for work and leisure.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 10:36:09 pm »

I'm a little annoyed that in the latest version of Firefox (1.0.7/WinXP) the title attribute no longer appears as a tool tip.

WTF?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 11:24:13 pm »

It does for me.

But then, I've also got Greasemonkey installed with the Comics Alt Text script active on achewood (I modified it to work with dinosaur comics too), so it just prints the title real nice-like just below the strip for me.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
9/29/05 - KILL THIS MAN!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 03:13:01 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
It does for me.

But then, I've also got Greasemonkey installed with the Comics Alt Text script active on achewood (I modified it to work with dinosaur comics too), so it just prints the title real nice-like just below the strip for me.

Actually the latest version of that script inclues Dinosaur Comics by default. There used to be a version for Diesel Sweeties but now they title appears at the top anyway.

My favorite is the script that copies the alt tag into the title field if the title field is empty. That's a dandy little script. I only wish I could use Greasemonkey at work.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up