Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio stations with Shoutcast feeds  (Read 1825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Radio stations with Shoutcast feeds
« on: October 02, 2005, 04:05:03 pm »

I do a fair bit of travelling, and nothing makes me happier in a new city than sitting in my hotel room after I've tried out the bar and finding a good local radio station. It used to be, when I heard a good radio station in, say, Richmond, I had to wait until my next road trip to hear it again (this problem has been solved, in part, by Richmond losing most of its decent radio).

These days, though, with our hoity-toity technology and shit, we don't have to suffer this indignity. If I find a radio station in Philadelphia I like, like, say, WXPN, I can listen to it here in Hampton Roads all I want, via their webstream.

So what I'm looking for are good alternative rock, AAA, or Bob/Jack-style radio stations with Internet feeds using Shoutcast or similar feeds I can plug into Winamp. I know I can get millions of music-only feeds on Internet-only stations, but I'm more interested in brick-and-tower stations that simulcast on the Internet - something about listening to radio commercials for local businesses in Tucson just makes me happy.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Radio stations with Shoutcast feeds
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:48:55 pm »

I honestly don't know how their feed would/wouldn't plug in to Winamp (I generally stick with my 2.x versions and don't bother with newfangledness), but I absolutely adore San Diego's KBZT FM 94.9.

Yesterday on my way home they went from Ziggy Stardust to I Wanna Be Sedated to Feel Good Inc.  They're format-free with empowered DJs, and they have a stream.  Please enjoy: it's one of my favorite perks of living here.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Radio stations with Shoutcast feeds
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 12:41:28 am »

I like WOXY. A lot.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up