Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: hey, where'd all the jerks go?  (Read 6000 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« on: August 27, 2003, 09:58:13 pm »

I remember the old message board and how someone would always complain when a strip was late.  I'm glad this board isn't like that.  

Thanks to you all for being so rad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 11:00:31 pm »

Yeah, agreed, though it's odd that there isn't more now, given that everyone can now complain with impunity.
Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 12:17:17 am »

Given the high quality lately, who's to complain - I see the new strip is up now - that's one well protected system.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 10:57:30 pm »

It is the dawn of a new and better internet for everyone.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

MrH

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 08:50:41 am »

GOD DAMNIT!  The color strip not been in color for, like, months.  It hasn't even been a goddamned comic.  What the hell?  I am sick of this shit.  Blah blah blah stick up my ass blah blah nate small onstad's writing is ass blah anyways blah fuckity blah ass fanny ass.

Whew!  I feel better.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 10:19:51 pm »

Quote
GOD DAMNIT! The color strip not been in color for, like, months. It hasn't even been a goddamned comic. What the hell? I am sick of this shit. Blah blah blah stick up my ass blah blah nate small onstad's writing is ass blah anyways blah fuckity blah ass fanny ass.

Whew! I feel better.


Now that, my friends, is a strong effort on a first post. But I have this nagging feeling, like a tickle in the back of my brain. Anyone else's Spider Sense tingling?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2003, 11:13:18 pm »

Quote from: AlohaDawg
Now that, my friends, is a strong effort on a first post. But I have this nagging feeling, like a tickle in the back of my brain. Anyone else's Spider Sense tingling?

Sarcasm Sense maybe? That's all I was pointing towards...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:51:04 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 11:44:20 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Now that, my friends, is a strong effort on a first post. But I have this nagging feeling, like a tickle in the back of my brain. Anyone else's Spider Sense tingling?


Sarcasm Sense maybe? That's all I was pointing towards...


See, he thinks it's onstad!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 04:12:47 am »

I was 80% leaning toward sarcasm and 20% leaning toward board infiltration. Something about the syntax and word choice I guess.

I've been wrong before, dangnabbit I LOVE being wrong about stuff like that! One other forum on this board seemed to be trackind coincidental things at the Achewood site - maybe that's why my radar was up.
Logged

MrH

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
?
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 06:39:51 am »

Ce site Internet a été optimisé pour des écrans affichant 800 x 600 pixels au minimum et pour les versions 4 ou plus des fureteurs. Il utilise la technologie fantastique et incroyable.

edit: man, if I'm Onstad I better get busy sniffing glue on the docks or making free comics or something.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2003, 08:08:20 am »

"This site Internet was optimized for screens posting 800 x's 600 pixels to the minimum and for the versions 4 or more inquisitive.  It uses the fantastic and unbelievable technology."

Or something, I wasn't about to PAY for a translation. I know that there are at least two Canadians and two Englishmen roaming around this board, any of you talk the frogspeak? I don't, just Spanish which is really serving me well here in Hawaii I might add.

I should check over on the James Joyce discussion, there are some soaring cranial vaults over there.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2003, 08:11:34 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I know that there are at least two Canadians and two Englishmen roaming around this board, any of you talk the frogspeak?


'Cause Englishmen are more likely to know French?
Alas no, only Japanese and a little Italian.
Though I can usually manage enough French through the Canadian links I have to manage some, I should actually look at it I guess...

But yes, a better translation would be of course - "This site is optimised for 800X600 display, and a browser of version 4 or greater (IE!??!). It uses fantastic crayon technology (sorry incredible...)"
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2003, 08:15:33 am »

I was thinking more of your general proximity to France and the rest of Europe. Maybe your schools are better about second language education. Plus you guys got to fight them from time to time. Over here we just post bail for them every few decades or so....

Japanese? Cool! I could have used that while I was standing in the airport doing SARS surveillance last Spring. THAT was a blast let me tell you. Thousands of little bitty Japanese a day with Engrish t-shirts and giant hats and sunglasses.

Check out www.engrish.com if you haven't already, it kind of sums up my Spring.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2003, 08:32:41 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Maybe your schools are better about second language education.


Possibly, but our attention spans and abilities not to pass out during language lessons can't be any better than anyone's!
At least I just slept through all my language lessons. Much like I'm about to go do riiiiiiight now...

{i like to pretend i'm sitting in a German class when I can't get to sleep}
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
hey, where'd all the jerks go?
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2003, 08:48:35 am »

Incroyable means "unbelievable."  You got the rest.  I guess I just admitted that I speak French.

Yeah, welcome to the early nineties, my friend.  800x600 resolution is the minimum resolution of the web.  If you can't handle it... go fuck yourself.

I was going to say something wittier there, but I'm tired, so FUCK YOU and your pre-1994 browser.

You'll *really* hate going to the Plagiarist.com home page and noticing that you don't see any styles, because your pre 4.x version browser doesn't support CSS.

The world, she moves on without you, while you thrash around like a plastic bag caught in the branches of a faraway tree, rustling helplessly...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up