Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05  (Read 8626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

V-Adore

  • Guest
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:44:30 am »

What a fabulous excuse.

Also, it's good to see the word "Jewess" deployed in its only proper context: freaking white supremacists out.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 06:31:48 am »

I don't think "pickles on parade" is the most inventive non-catch-phrase that Onstad has invented - not even recently.

I think I'm going to sit this storyline out.

I'll be over here if anyone needs me.



Edit: Sweet Sticky Jesus on a bun!  4,000 posts!!!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 07:47:22 am »

Roast Beef is exactly the right person to have this conversation, he knows exactly where to take it in a polite yet show stopping manner.

*takes a moment to bask in the ludicrous number of post glory*
I don't know about you Jough but with a post count like that I'd be hesitant to post again, just because I'd hate to spoil the nice round number, though I guess now you can aim for 4444.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:58:03 am »

okay this is a totally annoying thing to pick out, but i did so now if you don't want to be annoyed don't read the rest of this

so the white knight knows that Jaime is a cat, right? but he tells Beef that they had a "geek chinaman" what could kill and cook a civet cat.  does Beef's Jaime-moustache fool the TV audience into thinking he is a man?  a man named Raoul Cousins that worked "on computers"?

i do like the knight character, though.  he's all interrupty and complimenty.
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:45:38 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't think "pickles on parade" is the most inventive non-catch-phrase that Onstad has invented - not even recently.

I think I'm going to sit this storyline out.

I'll be over here if anyone needs me.



Edit: Sweet Sticky Jesus on a bun!  4,000 posts!!!


Man, "pickles on parade" is all kinds of better than "sweet sticky jesus on a bun". I think I'm going to sit this thread out. I'll be over here if anyone needs me.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 12:25:38 pm »

Pickles on parade is an interesting image, though not a handy phrase I will co-opt any time soon.

You know.. just one pickle at the front with a feather hat and a baton all blowing on his whistle.  Maybe 62 Dill marching behind him blaring various horns.  One trips on a rock and you just know he was fresh cause he goes all CRUNCH when he hits the pavement.

Either that or it's a euphamism for c*ckes (er.. penii?) on parade.. which is a whole other image actually come to think of it.  (there now, didn't that brighten up your morning?  Vigorous!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 12:33:39 pm »

For me the pickles on parde thing is somewhere between raining on a parade and rubbing salt in a wound so... pickles.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 12:36:28 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Pickles on parade is an interesting image, though not a handy phrase I will co-opt any time soon.

You know.. just one pickle at the front with a feather hat and a baton all blowing on his whistle.  Maybe 62 Dill marching behind him blaring various horns.  One trips on a rock and you just know he was fresh cause he goes all CRUNCH when he hits the pavement.


Looks like it's time for me to fire up easytoon and finally make my forum avatar.

I enjoyed this strip because I love reading Beef-dialogue and for not many other reasons. It's really hard for me to get a proper image of the guy on the phone just from his implied southern dialect because he doesn't have an appropriately racist font. The squarish, dropshadow bubbles come close, but those only seem to evoke volume, and possibly old-fashionedness, not truly White Supremacy.

Nigger Minstrels might be a good name for a rock band if the world was a place of only peace and love
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 12:44:13 pm »

"Pickles" is a euphemism for defecation:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01302003

Though the image of pickles wearing hats and playing various brass instruments is a novel one.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 01:41:24 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
"Pickles" is a euphemism for defecation:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01302003

Though the image of pickles wearing hats and playing various brass instruments is a novel one.


I really should've remembered that...

damn you though... now I have images of Excrement Links wearing hats and dancing.. and that's just. not. right!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 01:47:34 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It's really hard for me to get a proper image of the guy on the phone just from his implied southern dialect because he doesn't have an appropriately racist font. The squarish, dropshadow bubbles come close, but those only seem to evoke volume, and possibly old-fashionedness, not truly White Supremacy.


What would be a White Suprematist font? Fraktur?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 02:10:07 pm »

Quote from: "filas"
so the white knight knows that Jaime is a cat, right? but he tells Beef that they had a "geek chinaman" what could kill and cook a civet cat.


A civet cat is actually a skunk, so this doesn't really represent a conflict of interest.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 02:42:01 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "filas"
so the white knight knows that Jaime is a cat, right? but he tells Beef that they had a "geek chinaman" what could kill and cook a civet cat.


A civet cat is actually a skunk, so this doesn't really represent a conflict of interest.


Did you know?

I didn't.  I had no idea.  And I didn't really like today's strip that much.  In fact, this thread isn't doing much for me.  Little bits and pieces are great, but I don't think I've laughed out loud more once.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 02:59:19 pm »

When Ray and Beef say it, I hear "Hy-may" in my head but when the racist on the phone says it, I hear "Jay-mee."  

So is Beef a Jew just because of that whole Yo' Mama Law of Judaism?  I remember the Greek Orthodoxy being a big part of his upbringing...
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up