Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05  (Read 8653 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 03:51:03 pm »

Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
When Ray and Beef say it, I hear "Hy-may" in my head but when the racist on the phone says it, I hear "Jay-mee."  

So is Beef a Jew just because of that whole Yo' Mama Law of Judaism?  I remember the Greek Orthodoxy being a big part of his upbringing...

I suspect he's making the Jew thing up; his mother certainly doesn't appear to have been of Jewish extraction, and by the Yo' Mama Law, his father doesn't exactly count.

Also, you're exactly right on the pronunciations, I think. I suspect even Ray can pronounce it "HI-may" by now.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 04:43:11 pm »

Well, technically Beef only said that his father did "lay with a Jewess", that doesn't necessarily imply he was talking about his mother...
Maybe Beef just can't lie; the worst he can do is, um... twist the truth a little?

And yes, Hi-may is exactly right.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Doctor C

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 05:35:01 pm »

Am I the only one who sees this arc ending up with crosses burning on Roast Beef's (okay, technically Ray's) lawn?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 06:00:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't think "pickles on parade" is the most inventive non-catch-phrase that Onstad has invented - not even recently.

I think I'm going to sit this storyline out.

I'll be over here if anyone needs me.


We won't, trust us.

Though you could use your copious spare time to move the site like you've been threatening between bitching about the price of things versus the Olden Days and yelling at those kids ot get off your lawn.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 06:01:40 pm »

Quote from: "filas"
okay this is a totally annoying thing to pick out, but i did so now if you don't want to be annoyed don't read the rest of this

so the white knight knows that Jaime is a cat, right? but he tells Beef that they had a "geek chinaman" what could kill and cook a civet cat.  does Beef's Jaime-moustache fool the TV audience into thinking he is a man?  a man named Raoul Cousins that worked "on computers"?

i do like the knight character, though.  he's all interrupty and complimenty.


A civet cat is not a cat. It is, I believe, a mustelid.
Logged

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 06:46:21 pm »

i read that they were large carnivorous cats in like africa and people get some sort of perfume from their smelliness.  maybe i should have researched deeper.

but that's not really my question . . . does the tv audience think that Jaime is a man or a cat?
Logged

James

  • Guest
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 07:27:33 pm »

I don't get it. I googled for "pickles on parade" and it seems like it's a thing, but everyone in this thread is talking like Onstad made it up. Is it a thing or isn't it a thing?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 08:27:44 pm »

Quote from: "James"
I don't get it. I googled for "pickles on parade" and it seems like it's a thing, but everyone in this thread is talking like Onstad made it up. Is it a thing or isn't it a thing?


It's more to fun than the strip to picture someone pathetic enough that this would bother them.
Logged

James

  • Guest
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 09:17:59 pm »

Holy shit dude, I was just wondering. I guess wondering is not cool, but being a dick to people on the internet is!
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 09:23:56 pm »

Quote from: "James"
Holy shit dude, I was just wondering. I guess wondering is not cool, but being a dick to people on the internet is!


Getting your panties in a bunch isn't, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 09:33:45 pm »

You know, Bobby, posting on an internet message board is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 10:06:01 pm »

Look, am I gonna have to handing down the mandatory kissing and dry humping in this thread too?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 10:21:52 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Look, am I gonna have to handing down the mandatory kissing and dry humping in this thread too?

 
And I'm not too keen to start speculating which fictional animal comic characters* Cathy might bone, but if need be, I will. Trust me I will.

*Fred Basset
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 11:00:52 pm »

Quote from: "James"
Holy shit dude, I was just wondering. I guess wondering is not cool, but being a dick to people on the internet is!


It's more fun than the strip to watch noobies give themselves wedgies over something a total stranger typed into a box on the internet.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
ain't that just pickles on the parade? 4oct05
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 11:39:46 pm »

okay re:noob bashing...

the way i see it (as a relative noob) is that we don't need to be making any personal attacks on anyone, noob or not, and then we don't need to be getting upset about these "attacks" (it is the internet after all) and we don't need to exacerbate the situation further by jumping on people who get upset.  i know this stuff has been said before, but i thought i'd put in my two cents.

and re: the strip,

i have to admit i laughed out loud at the last panel.  the implied awkward pause combined with the imagined tone of a man who just is very, very upset by this news he has just received is pretty darn funny.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up