Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is becoming a vegetarian a good idea?  (Read 8490 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Is becoming a vegetarian a good idea?
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2005, 10:57:34 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

 Tasty-sounding Curry Powder.  Yummy.


You and my boss are the only people I know who actually do this up from scratch.  Even the Indian students & post-docs in our lab are amazed that he goes to the effort.

That said, it sounds hella tasty, and have most all of this stuff at home already (except fenugreek. What the hell is fenugreek?), so I'll have to give it a spin this weekend.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is becoming a vegetarian a good idea?
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2005, 11:11:26 pm »

Fenugreek is a funky-smelling powder. Interestingly you can also buy it at GNC in supplement form. It's reputed to stimulate milk production in lactating females (we have several bottles here).  Beer supposedly does that same thing.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Is becoming a vegetarian a good idea?
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2005, 05:44:42 am »





Paul, is that you?  Because if so, you, sir, have one of the most awesome mustaches I have ever seen in all my life.


As for vegetarianism, I hate soy (it honestly tastes awful to me) and I adore beef.  If I could make an exception on beef, I'd be happy to go over to a vegetarian diet.  But then Beef is the meat I most often see pseudo-vegetarians eschew, oddly enough.  The only way I can even eat chicken or giraffe is if they're fried, and you can fry anything.  And anyone who has smelled a pig farm should understand why I don't eat pork.  I do love my vegetables, though.

And when you think about it, Mexican food is mostly vegetarian, yet it's not exactly health food.  I mean, give me refried beans, rice, mole, and potato tacos, and I'm in seventh heaven.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Is becoming a vegetarian a good idea?
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2005, 06:08:02 am »

I decided not to become a vegetarian, by the way. Or, rather, I didn't give it much more thought. Paul does have an awesome moustache.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up