Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shining Trailer  (Read 3760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« on: October 05, 2005, 02:04:08 pm »

This needs to be seen.
It's all of nine meg so there's no excuse.
The thing is, I can't really explain what it is without spoiling it, suffice to say someone cut their own trailer for Shining and you should see it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shining Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:04:29 pm »

Someone from the same firm made a new trailer for West Side Story too.

These guys can sell anything to anybody in any way.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Shining Trailer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:33:57 pm »

There was one to make Titanic out as a horror movie, but it was lame compared to those two. The Shining one is pure genius.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Shining Trailer
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:20:24 pm »

Utter brilliance.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 08:26:16 pm »

that was neat.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Boring K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/sleeping_machine
Shining Trailer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 05:31:46 am »

Yeah, I've seen these posted elsewhere and everyone seems to be ranking them as

#1: Shining (brilliant)
#2: West Side Story (pretty good)
#3: Titanic (shite)

I wish I had the software and the skills to do this with.  For one, you could probably turn Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life into a pretty mean horror film with ease.  I'd personally like to take the entire filmography of David Cronenberg and turn them into wacky comedies.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 10:05:54 am »

That was brilliant.  What a heartwarming film that must be.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Shining Trailer
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 07:33:44 pm »

The Shining one is, indeed, freakin' awesome.

As for West Side Story, is the glowing-eye thing added in?  I think that breaks the rules.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 06:09:26 am »

Hey I'm going to see the Shining tomorrow.  I don't know, it looks like kind of a chick flick to me, but hey it ought to put my date in the mood.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 02:39:12 pm »

Of fuck*ng COURSE that damn Peter Gabriel song is on the trailer. And it's going to be in my fuck*ng head all day.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 05:17:46 pm »

Dude, that is one of my favorite songs.

Did anyone else nose around the PS260.com website? For some reason I just love the design.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Shining Trailer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 09:03:06 pm »

I saw the Shining last night and I gotta say, that trailer was a little misleading.  It wasn't as much of a romantic comedy as I thought it would be.  Turned out to be more of a crime drama actually.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up