Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: uf - October 06, 2005  (Read 8783 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« on: October 06, 2005, 08:50:04 am »

Well I guess he's Milklin. From the first two panels I totally thought Beef was just getting audited.
I like the moment where Milklin decides that he has said he is going to sit down and speak to Beef so he'd better sit down, inside or not also the really pitiful look after Beef does the last minute arm-block.

Edit: I forgot... 'Witness once rescinded' I hope no religion actually does that. I always kind of figured if you pissed off a religion they just chucked you out, putting you on a warning would make me feel like I was back in small school.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:47:24 am »

This feels way too much like a bad SNL skit. I really hope this doesn't become an arc.

I do like how Milkin's leg becomes a drumstick, though.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 01:14:43 pm »

yawn.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:20:55 pm »

Once again, the concepts are funnier than the actual strip.

Why is Beef wearing shorts when Milklin is clearly not wearing #####? How strange.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:42:27 pm »

I think there are a lot better places this one could have gone...


like the trash can!  OH SNAP!  CAR OF PAIN TIME BIYATCH!!!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 02:05:41 pm »

I don't understand.  Who is so bad at their religion that they just, uh, spontaneously fall down?  Is that what happens when you're bad at your religion?  I guess I've never met anyone who was bad at their religion before.

In conclusion, wtf is this shit.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 03:33:33 pm »

No, no, he asked if he could SIT and talk about his religion, but then after Beef denied him entrance into his home Milklin then decided that he must sit down anyway, since that is for what he was granted permission, even though he has nothing on which to sit.

See?  It's even less funny when you have to explain it.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 04:26:56 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
No, no, he asked if he could SIT and talk about his religion, but then after Beef denied him entrance into his home Milklin then decided that he must sit down anyway, since that is for what he was granted permission, even though he has nothing on which to sit.

See?  It's even less funny when you have to explain it.


Huh.  That is a lot less funny than being bad at one's religion to an extent that attempting to practise it causes one to fall over.
Logged
goose means greedy

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 04:29:10 pm »

This strip is very confusing to me.  The last panels must be metaphorical, how could Beef kick such a small, weak man?  Very un-Beef.

Nevertheless, I like this Milklin, I hope he sticks around for awhile.  Doubt it, though. =p
Logged
ACHIEVE

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 04:36:04 pm »

Quote from: "*****_god"
This strip is very confusing to me.  The last panels must be metaphorical, how could Beef kick such a small, weak man?  Very un-Beef.


If you look closely, you'll notice the foot doing the kicking is clad in a boot. Earlier in the strip, we see that Beef is not wearing any footwear to speak of. The most likely explanation is that the foot belongs to a senior Jehova's wittness kicking this poor sap out of his religion.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 05:04:00 pm »

I think this is the first time I have been totally apathetic about an Achewood strip.

Eh.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 05:18:19 pm »

I didn't think it was that bad. I liked how the JW's were kind enough to warn people getting preached to that this one was flawed, the way so many establishments put Trainee* stickers or pins or whatever on their newbies. That being said, the chances of Milklin appearing in more strips than, say, Scrambles the Dog are slim. Maybe Jough should put a "Milklin" title in for 0-5 posts or something.

* When I worked at OfficeMax, I wore the "Trainee" sticker for long after I could legitimately claim to be one in order for people's expectations of me to be less than normal. When the kibosh upon that was finally put, I replaced it with "Big Cheese." Until the 6'5" store manager saw it.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 05:58:17 pm »

I thought it was pretty good. Meh. The way he falls, and the fact that it's all drawn out, and Beef is just staring at him. This person is even more awkward that Beef.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 06:15:34 pm »

It's got a good beat. You can dance to it. NOT.


I too was puzzled at the fact that beef is wearing shorts and milklin (huh? MILKLIN?) is wearing a shirt and no #####. As a veteran of many a discussion with both JWs and LDSs (there are many of both on this island, and since they all have to do their mission work, you wind up being targeted frequently) I have to appreciate the Arm Bar Beef puts up on the dude. Beef can bring the strong sac when someone weaker than him comes along. It's nce to see.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 06:26:57 pm »

I just like how the teenage mormons that come around from time to time have the balls to call themselves "elders."

Also, that boot is not Beef's, but a representation of some senior witness booting Milklin out of the religion.  

It seems to me that JW's and Mormons tend to attract the masochistic.  These people take more abuse than a children's birthday party clown.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up