Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: uf - October 06, 2005  (Read 8810 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 06:53:06 pm »

Sometimes it's not funny but it's still good.

I MEAN WAIT

 :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:

did I do it right
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 07:10:38 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I didn't think it was that bad. I liked how the JW's were kind enough to warn people getting preached to that this one was flawed, the way so many establishments put Trainee* stickers or pins or whatever on their newbies. That being said, the chances of Milklin appearing in more strips than, say, Scrambles the Dog are slim. Maybe Jough should put a "Milklin" title in for 0-5 posts or something.

I'm all for "Milklin" being the new "BANNED," ideally with "Witness Once Rescinded" as the equivalent of "On DOUBLE-SECRET Probation." ("He's the guy who's about to get kicked out of his message board...")
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 07:19:56 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Huh.  That is a lot less funny than being bad at one's religion to an extent that attempting to practise it causes one to fall over.


Yeah.  I imagine the strip going like this: Beef puts up his arm to block the door, then Milklin falls down a steep mountain hill (sharp rocks, tumbling head over heels, glimpses of wildlife looking on with curiousity) and comes to a stop on a winding road.  He looks up to see the lights of an oncoming semi truck.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 07:42:55 pm »

y'know i'm usually pretty positive on these kinds of strips, but i have to say, the only reason i laughed at this one was that i had no idea what was going on untill i read it 3 or 4 times.  then i laughed that it was so odd.  so, i guess it's funny?
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 08:28:38 pm »

I liked it.  The pacing totally draws out the "this is one of many worst moments ever in Milklin's life" aspect.

I had a lot of those before I decided that the NFL was a totally better way to spend my sundays than Religion.  Plus it costs less and the partici##### work harder.

(Fun game to play with mobile Religion recruiters: Ask if they are a virgin.  Act excited if they say yes, and disappointed if they say no.)
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 08:31:12 pm »

Hey, it's myth, how about that!

Yeah, this strip was no good.
Logged

JordanB

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 08:53:30 pm »

The very first thing that struck me about this strip
was how unusual the name 'Milklin' was.

D'you think it has something to do with his milquetoastian personality?
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 11:03:36 pm »

Quote from: "JordanB"
The very first thing that struck me about this strip
was how unusual the name 'Milklin' was.

D'you think it has something to do with his milquetoastian personality?


I would bet my eyebrows on it.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 11:06:51 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
'Witness once rescinded' I hope no religion actually does that. I always kind of figured if you pissed off a religion they just chucked you out, putting you on a warning would make me feel like I was back in small school.


The JWs call it being "disfellowshipped" and if it happens to you, your friends and family who are still JW can't talk to you, socialize with you and must actively shun you including running the other way if they see you. It's no joke.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 11:33:11 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Doc"
'Witness once rescinded' I hope no religion actually does that. I always kind of figured if you pissed off a religion they just chucked you out, putting you on a warning would make me feel like I was back in small school.


The JWs call it being "disfellowshipped" and if it happens to you, your friends and family who are still JW can't talk to you, socialize with you and must actively shun you including running the other way if they see you. It's no joke.


Sounds like what happens to people whose families are declared SPs in Scientology.

This strip creeped me out. I also find that I have a surprising amount of sympathy for Milklin. Why? By whatever circumstance, he believes in the JW teachings... and is going to be excommunicated from something that is likely very important to him.

Sad.

Beef toying with him makes it worse; is being raised an inept Jehovah's Witness any less of a Circumstance? I mean, the guy doesn't get birthdays OR blood transfusions, and he obviously doesn't witness well. Hells of a candidate for i-got-problems.com.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 12:54:30 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Doc"
'Witness once rescinded' I hope no religion actually does that. I always kind of figured if you pissed off a religion they just chucked you out, putting you on a warning would make me feel like I was back in small school.

The JWs call it being "disfellowshipped" and if it happens to you, your friends and family who are still JW can't talk to you, socialize with you and must actively shun you including running the other way if they see you. It's no joke.

Actually that just proves that it's all a huge joke.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 01:12:58 am »

Here's a glimpse into a sort of Hell:

JW Discussion

One for the Scientologists

I'm not endorsing anyone's opinion here, just putting it out there.
Logged

Shazbut

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 01:38:34 am »

Hi! I'm another long-time lurker... :)

Finally decided to join because I just wanted to say that, for some reason, I loved this strip. I like the idea of Beef being the first person to not immediately reject Milkin after he says he's a Jehova's Witness, leaving Milkin with no clue how to perform, to the extent that he doesn't even take it as a given that Beef might have chairs in his house.

I love panels 10 and 11 for reasons I can't explain.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 01:49:23 am »

oh lord you know what i just realized?

the shoe kicking milkin really reminds me of Onstad's Shoe.

man what a dick.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
uf - October 06, 2005
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 02:08:59 am »

/Throws a rock at anyone who said "J-----h" in this thread.

//Splitters!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up