Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: On Backorder - 10 October 2005  (Read 5971 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« on: October 10, 2005, 06:57:31 am »

Well, he did warn us that Milklin would return Monday.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10102005

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 07:06:21 am »

You'd think "Mayor Rufus Kissing Mommy Where She Pees" would sell like hotcakes.

Okay so Milklin is a sad, pathetic individual. At least we get some funny ads out of this. I wonder if Mr. Dan is reminiscent of Mr. Gary.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 07:08:15 am »

Still don't like him. Oh well, they can't all be Cartilage Head.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:06:44 am »

"I saw Mayor Rufus Kissing Mommy Where She Pees" - the idea of the sort of situation that would lead someone wanting to buy this book for a child is just magnificent.  The moral of the story?  Knock on the door before you enter a room in which you are unsure of the activities taking place and their suitability for your young eyes and mind."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:37:29 am »

I bet that was the same mayor that got hot bloody fat sprayed all over him.
Kinky.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 10:35:26 am »

See RBK is sort of saddened but with a style and a pride that you can appreciate.

This new cat (as in cool cat, not literal cat, though now that I mention it...) is just kind of... pathetic so far.  I am a member of the Disinterested. (My new band.. see us on Thursday at the local Swill n' Grill playing cover songs of bands with purposefully misspelled names)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 12:56:56 pm »

Come on old Gil needs this sale!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 01:58:14 pm »

I wish we'd been shown the sermon bad enough to make people leave the Jehovah's Witnesses and not this particular strip. That said, "Milklin Honniker" is verging on a perfect name for him.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 02:26:47 pm »

Milklin Filbert Honniker

Milklin Rufus Honniker

He just cries out for an even more terrible middle name.

Milklin Woodrow (Woody)Honniker.

Also, my own middle and last name are both extremely unpronounceable, especially when paired together, unless you grew up speaking French, which strangly I did not, so I can't really pronounce my own name.  It's pretty silly.  I am named after my great grandmother, who was named after an ancestor who died in the early 17's in Paris - she was a nun.  The only records of her are her cloistering and her death and the comment in the church register at the time of her death - translated to basically read:  "lived a chaste life."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 02:34:08 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Milklin Filbert Honniker

Milklin Rufus Honniker

He just cries out for an even more terrible middle name.

Milklin Woodrow (Woody)Honniker.

Is it wrong that I think "M. Rufus Honniker" sounds pretty good, in a sort of "genteel 1920's bootlegger" way?

Agreed, though, that Milklin has to have a middle name so ghastly that he would prefer to go by Milklin. I'm picturing something else that is also loserish and has unpleasant assonances with Honniker, like... Toastifer.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 02:36:15 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

Also, my own middle and last name are both extremely unpronounceable, especially when paired together, unless you grew up speaking French, which strangly I did not, so I can't really pronounce my own name.  It's pretty silly.  I am named after my great grandmother, who was named after an ancestor who died in the early 17's in Paris - she was a nun.  The only records of her are her cloistering and her death and the comment in the church register at the time of her death - translated to basically read:  "lived a chaste life."


Ahem.  So, uh, what is it?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 03:02:19 pm »

Real names?  On the internet?  I dunno about this...

My actual name is:

(edited out to prevent abduction by angry hobos)

It is supposed to be pronounced as such:

(edited out to prevent abduction by pee stinking hobos)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 05:34:58 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 03:03:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Agreed, though, that Milklin has to have a middle name so ghastly that he would prefer to go by Milklin.


Milklin Bueford?
Milklin Arvid?
Milklin Bosephus?
Milklin Jeddidiah?
Milklin Gilbreath?
Milklin Zebbes?


Oh I do go on... (and on.. and on.. and on..)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 03:08:34 pm »

Arvid is actually a pretty cool name (at least, when pronounced in the German style), but the rest are about the quality we're looking at here, yeah.

My old MP3 player is named Arvid. He's been a good little machine.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 03:18:44 pm »

My middle name is Herbert, which many people find to be funny, although I don't.


What's funny is that until the last minute my first name was supposed to be Ethelbert, which would have made me Ethelbert Herbert Severn.

And since Herbert was for Herbert Hoover, my name would have been three heads of state-- A King, a President, and an Emperor.



And "Ethelbert Herbert" is just hysterical.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up