Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT  (Read 4394 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« on: October 12, 2005, 06:07:38 pm »

The tale of CUNT is a timeless parable.

It's kind of weird to see Ray be so angry at someone.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 06:12:44 pm »

Damn you!!!!   erm.. anyway... best line "You didn't just say that."

All monotone
All looking down his nose
All six kinds of fierce

Also look how empathetic Beef looks there in the last panel.  You just know he's thinking "Dang man, ol' Ray is all kinds of riled up."  

Also, actually angry Ray rocks my socks till the morning comes.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:19:33 pm »

Full points to Ray for quoting NWA at Milklin. Also for Milklin's very well-rendered flyaway hair. And tiny angry lines!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 06:55:17 pm »

I like how Ray not only demands that Milklin gets off his property, but ALSO that he starts up the business. And you KNOW that Ray will be checking up on him. Unless he forgets.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 07:00:10 pm »

Now we're talking! Milklin's pathetic existence has been justified: serving as fodder for primo Ray wisdom is worthier than serving the Lawd.
Beef is also great is his deadpan way: "Come on Ray friendly up"
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 07:04:18 pm »

I like the expressive "anger specks" that appear around Ray in panel four.  Wait, Milklin has them too ... I guess they're really just more generic "emotion specks."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 07:22:35 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I like how Ray not only demands that Milklin gets off his property, but ALSO that he starts up the business. And you KNOW that Ray will be checking up on him. Unless he forgets.

I'm guessing that Ray will forget. Tyler Durden he ain't.

Does the concept of a private by-invitation-only religion remind anybody else of scientology?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 07:30:17 pm »

Not apropos to this strip, but I don't feel like opening a new thread just for this...

At the office where I am working today, there are various signs promoting the Combined Federal Campaign, the government's version of the United Way.  At the end of the hall is one that looks sort of like this:

You don't have to WEAR A CAPE to be a hero.

And from halfway down the hall, all I see is WEAR A CAPE.

So obviously, I am thinking...
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 07:45:31 pm »

I am going to the Ren Fest on Sunday but I don't own a cape.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 07:50:10 pm »

For FREE!?!?!?  Oh you didn't just go there.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 08:22:02 pm »

That's why Wal * Mart doesn't do well in Japan. There is a stigma to low cost goods.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 08:50:27 pm »

I have a cape, but I've never been to the Rennaisance Festival.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 10:09:55 pm »

I like the line, "I thought you had any sense!"

Also, Milkin's face looks like Molly's, with glasses and a bad haircut.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 11:31:09 pm »

Quote from: "Roast Beef"


why you think I bein' nice to him dogg don't you know he's relations
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 12:46:54 am »

Maybe Beef shoulda told Ray to stay off the beach. Because Ray is certainly acting like he's on the beach. Wearing a cape.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up