Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10.13.05 A month later.  (Read 6507 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
10.13.05 A month later.
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:21:37 am »

Milklin finale?

Even if you dislike Milklin, one must agree that he was worth it for this joke.

But, dolphin lung: no laughing matter.
Logged
ACHIEVE

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:26:20 am »

Forgiven Orson Welles for WHAT?

For that horrible Peas commercial?
For degenerating into an obese madman after letting the world fuck him over after he made fun of the most powerful media man?
For wearing a cape?


These questions and many more will never be answers, but the mind boggles.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Jixby Phillips

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 10:47:24 am »

War of the Worlds?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 11:12:03 am »

Quote from: "Jixby Phillips"
War of the Worlds?


Hey it's not his fault they made a movie of it with Tom fuck*ng Cruise.

However if you're arguing that without it then the movie wouldn't exist then I suggest you go all the way back to the progenitor H. G. Wells.

I mean if you can't appreciate his booming voice spouting "that grinning globular invader" then maybe you deserve the hose.

Babybaby.. why you gotta make me hit you?!

Then again, you may be right.. could be all the trouble and scaring he caused with the broadcast and thus would fit with the Old Timey magazine thingie and lo I am an idiot in the morning and once again I slink back into my cave and stab myself in the eyes with skewers; I really do.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 12:05:17 pm »

They haven't forgiven him for this.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 12:50:53 pm »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
They haven't forgiven him for this.


Yes yes.. my stupidity was self-rectified.  See the bottom of my last post.  We TALKED about this!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 12:57:05 pm »

I forgive Orson Welles for everything.

Anyway, this is pretty funny. There are several gags I like -- the non-specificity of "the war" in which people lost brothers, the Old Timey clip art, the song names. As a denouement to this strip goes, I like it fine.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 01:15:14 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
For that horrible Peas commercial?

They're even better when you're dead! </Animaniacs>
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 01:17:02 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
For that horrible Peas commercial?

They're even better when you're dead! </Animaniacs>


Full of concrete goodness and green peaness.  </The Critic>[/quote]
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 02:11:25 pm »

One of my friends sent me an mp3 of Orson Welles recording some  commercial, and berating its writers and all the other poor people who had to work with him.  It was pretty much the saddest thing, unless the saddest thing was that he was a voice in the Transformers movie.
Logged
goose means greedy

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 02:18:58 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Forgiven Orson Welles for WHAT?


I would suspect that, since this is a magazine for very old people, that they might be still ticked off at being tricked by the War of the Worlds radio broadcast.

They might also still be mad at him for knowing what evil lurks in the hearts of men, then laughing about it.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 02:24:39 pm »

I know this is a played out genre of post, but surely "Chicken In The Basement (Do-Fi-Dum)" would have been a better thread title.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 03:06:10 pm »

On the subject of Milklin:

creepy Jehovah's Witness children's books

featuring people smiling eerily as armageddon takes place:


caption: WHUDDUP BITCHEZ


-- via BoingBoing
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 03:12:34 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Forgiven Orson Welles for WHAT?


I would suspect that, since this is a magazine for very old people, that they might be still ticked off at being tricked by the War of the Worlds radio broadcast.

They might also still be mad at him for knowing what evil lurks in the hearts of men, then laughing about it.


Quote from: "andalucia"
One of my friends sent me an mp3 of Orson Welles recording some commercial, etc


Quote from: "misterqueue"
We TALKED about this. (These)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

washort

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
10.13.05 A month later.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 03:20:55 pm »

Onstad nailed the tone of this magazine pretty much exactly. My grandmother used to get this -- it was about as depressing as it seems.

I think I'd have remembered "Chicken In The Basement (Do Fi Dum)", though.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up