You people are asinine. Orson Welles is one of the greatest ever. Yes he berated a director who was so far beneath him he wasn't even worthy of his contempt, yes he made some questionable career choices for the pay late in his life, yes he got fat. So what. Check out The Third Man or Touch of Evil and tell me that's not the work of an utter fuck*ng genius.
Son, I believe I gave what are conditionally now called "Mad Props" to the man in the above at some point. However it must be said that he did go quite mad by the end. It's sort of a quaint idea.. genius does his first big movie, gets screwed in the ass royally by studios and has to deal with being a genius without backing UNTIL THE END.
Yes Touch of Evil and Third Man are good, but imagine them with more financial backing and thus more ability to flesh them out. Imagine them in a world where he wasn't an ostracized, tubby-loon; it's so beautiful in my mind!
(Also I think I had a friend once who played the Ostracized Tubbylune... women would weep and have immaculate conceptions whenever he plucked the 89th string in the R# Natural Chord. The multi-orgasmic chant alone was worth the 40 dollar cover fee he charged for getting in his apartment for these impromptu self-jam sessions; with actual jam.)