Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.  (Read 12435 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 12:21:47 pm »

Quote from: "1Lofapilot"
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10142005
Also, why is Ray alive while holding his own heart?


The heart is still attached if you look closely, but he should at least be in severe shock and probably, thus, dead.  (I can't imagine Ray can take severe shock.)

Onstad has probably been alternating David Lynch with Lucio Fulci on the DVD 5-disk player.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 12:39:57 pm »

Ol' Ray, he has a big heart.


Seriously, that thing's like a roast.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 12:51:13 pm »

Whilst questioning the internal logic of this strip (holding his own heart?) please remember these are cartoon cats.
I think the hat would've been a little santas hat and if I received that christmas card I would've puked all over my front door.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 01:09:57 pm »

Man, so I did this MRI study in which I did math problems in a tube while Scientists took pictures of my brain, on account of they paid me $80 for it, but then I asked them to email me some pictures of my brain, and they said they would.  And the idea of Christmas card fodder had not occurred to me, but IT HAS NOW, and no, I'm definitely not above photoshopping a jolly wee hat onto my exposed brainy-picture.

Thanks, Achewood!
Logged
goose means greedy

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 01:40:39 pm »

I'm hoping it was a jimmy hat.  Now there's a way to say "Happy Holidays."
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 02:15:45 pm »

I think it's the constant "ker-blop ker-blop" that sells this.

I enjoyed this strip! More random disturbing imagery!
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

1Lofapilot

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 04:50:49 pm »

[The rest of this post was removed because if I'd read the thread I'd have realized it said the Exact Same Thing as another post.  I don't deserve the Internet.]

You. Go. Ray.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 05:06:35 pm »

Yes. This hits on all the little things that make Achewood great.

GOD BLESS.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 05:31:03 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Yes. This hits on all the little things that make Achewood great.

GOD BLESS.


Yes. This strip makes up for all those Philippe Times Friday Fun Facts. This is one for the ages.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 05:34:14 pm »

The way that I originally read this, instead of donating a new clinic for children, Ray was donating one of his own organs or something to a child, and Andretti was just letting him hold his own heart since he was already in there.

Now that I reread it, and notice the difference, I think it's better this way.  I like to picture the conversation Ray must have had with Andretti:

Ray: "So, I'm thinkin' about maybe making a children's clinic.  How's that for you?"

Andretti: "Ray!  How absolutely generous and thoughful of you!  I'll get the paperwork underway."

Ray: "Yeah, about that - do you think that first, you could snap a picture of me holding my own heart for a Christmas card?  It's a kinda conceptual thing I wanted to try out."

Andretti: "Ah...hmm....."

Or something like that.  Good strip, would read again.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 06:17:46 pm »

And here I was ready for another nice, harmless installment of Friday Facts.
This is soooooo much better.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 06:18:15 pm »

Quote from: "evan"
Quote from: "jough"

FOR EVERYTHING MONEY CAN'T BUY, THERE'S THE SMUCKLESCARD (TM)

Surely you mean The Ray Card?

It's nice to know that when I take a sick day you people can look after yourselves.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 06:21:39 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
The way that I originally read this, instead of donating a new clinic for children, Ray was donating one of his own organs or something to a child, and Andretti was just letting him hold his own heart since he was already in there.

Now that I reread it, and notice the difference, I think it's better this way...


Yeah, I had a similar experience with it, though I really had no fuck*ng idea what was going on at first.  But organ donation was my first thought.

I like the idea of Ray suggesting the donation, and using it as leverage to get what he wants.  Dr. Andretti's a good guy, and if Ray had simply offered him a large sum of money, he might have declined.  But, this is for the kids!  Children are pretty good, you know.

Although, I think the picture of Ray with the heart was more of an afterthought.  I think Ray wanted to hold his heart because it's a Ray kind of idea to have--something that rich cats do.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 06:25:01 pm »

What's disturbing to me is that there are real people who are as rich as Ray out there.  Lots of them.  I think they do stuff that is just a crazy that we never find out about.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
10-14-05 Children are pretty good, you know.
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 07:26:33 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
Or something like that.  Good strip, would read again.


Hell, I would buy a high-res, autographed version of this. This would be a good one to have.

Then again, if he ever offers the Cartilage Head series as a single unit, I'd have to mortgage the house if it came to that.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up