Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Fourth Anniversary  (Read 15101 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Lead a happy life, read Achewood
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 01:06:57 am »

Mel, let me make sure I understand this correctly.  Are you basically saying that you owe your current happy relationship situation to Achewood?  Is that what I am hearing?  If so, that is beautiful.  God bless Achewood.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 02:13:20 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
A touching story


This is awesome.  I'm envious - whenever I send my girlfriend an Achewood strip, she just sort of gets angry at me.  It's a part of my life that we will alas never be able to share. :(
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 02:38:57 pm »

I started with the "Isosceles Lock" not more than a few months ago, catching a link from some message board.  In the three days that followed, I had no choice but to read every last strip.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 03:29:20 pm »

I keep trying to show Achewood to people, but they just look at me like I'm showing them Conceptual Art that they're not supposed to "get."

The only other person I know (in real life) who likes Achewood quit shortly thereafter and got married.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 08:16:34 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Good times. I like how you could probably read my posts and track my descent into alcohol, pot and loose women.


And what a horrible thing it was.  I saw the whole thing, and i still get teary-eyed.

Well Bozack here introduced me to both the strip and the board, and the first link I remember actually following from him was probably this 'cause he thought " Fuckin' " was so damn funny.  Needless to say I was not yet hooked and several lonely weeks probably passed till for some unremembered reason I finally started reading through from the beginning.

Bozack, if you don't already know, Gina has been reading the archives and is probably all caught up now.  She loves it and quotes it to me now and again.  YES![/url]

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 09:32:54 pm »

Oh, c'mon, the "Fuckin'" poster or wall-hanger is the best thing in that strip. If 'stad made that, I would buy it.
And Gina reads because we are all amigos. We should get her to get on the board. It needs a little Gina.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 09:43:28 pm »

Is Gina hot?  Would she be likely to post photos of herself wearing nothing but Achewood t-shirts* and stuff?

If so, extend to her an invite.  Otherwise we're all full up here.







* Tied around her head like a bandana.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 10:46:03 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Is Gina hot?  Would she be likely to post photos of herself wearing nothing but Achewood t-shirts* and stuff?

If so, extend to her an invite.  Otherwise we're all full up here.







* Tied around her head like a bandana.


You had me at "hello."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 01:30:30 am »

I only ask the question because Beatrice has proven to be such a disappointment that I now have to question when 'zack wants to bring another lady friend around.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 01:39:30 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I only ask the question because Beatrice has proven to be such a disappointment that I now have to question when 'zack wants to bring another lady friend around.


Maybe bozack Gets Off on having Uncalled-for Internet Berations from women. Perhaps this is the masochist's version of Mega Hugs.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 02:38:20 am »

changed because I'm an idiot... a drunken idiot
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 02:39:37 am »

Ha, I don't think Beatrice has ever internet-berated me, and Gina is a witty young lady; I think she would make a good addition to our motley crue.
Also, I already told her that she should join. So she's probably reading this post, in which two members proposition her.

Hi Gina!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 03:41:41 am »

Gina better hurry up and sign up for an account and post, then, post haste, because we've already been regaled with stories of how she can take down a whole salami in one squat.

OH NO HE DI'N'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Lead a happy life, read Achewood
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 03:59:21 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Mel, let me make sure I understand this correctly.  Are you basically saying that you owe your current happy relationship situation to Achewood?  Is that what I am hearing?  If so, that is beautiful.  God bless Achewood.

~Paul


Yes, I am young, I have fun, I read Achewood.  Happiness is Achewood... and a warm gun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Fourth Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 06:29:22 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Gina better hurry up and sign up for an account and post, then, post haste, because we've already been regaled with stories of how she can take down a whole salami in one squat.

OH NO HE DI'N'


I like the one where she picks up the stack of quarters in one squat and spits them out one by one.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up