Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!  (Read 8996 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:20:03 am »

You just know that Ray didn't even try.  He just ponied up the full-on 75 bones and sent it on its way.  I wonder if he really even looked at it.

And furthermore, now we know for a face that he tried to smooth some broad with raisins in her purse.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 11:37:08 am »

When you consider it, whoever came up with that scam was a genius.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 11:42:30 am »

I just love "the complete works of Pliny the Elder" and the way R-U-T-A-B-A-G-A is coiled.
fuck*ng MENSA.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:26:25 pm »

I, too, would not really want to join any club that would have Ray as a member. Right on, alt-text.

Nice to see that Ray signs his checks -=Ray=-, too.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 01:02:56 pm »

Also notice that Ray doesn't bother to write out the amount on the line where he's supposed to. But hey, he owns the bank so it's not like payment will be refused or anything.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 01:18:24 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also notice that Ray doesn't bother to write out the amount on the line where he's supposed to. But hey, he owns the bank so it's not like payment will be refused or anything.


Also Ray only uses fountain pens apparently.

Also, I spent time trying to figure out what the check number (21038) was taken to mean.  Everything from Numerological style ramblings (Well added together it's 14, then 1 and 4 make 5.  5 is the number for man, and the only  Man we've seen in the comic is Onstad.  Clearly: Selgiraffeness!) to childish grade school antics (On a calculator that would be BEOIS, or BEOLS depending...  BeOS?  No no.. too geeky)

After a while of this I realized the level of complete and utter fandom to which I had descended as the bowels of hell opened to welcome me; a resident bestial boy.  All who had thusly offended reasonable sensibilities were already there: trekkies speaking Klingon, guys dressed up like Dr. Who, and an entire convention of Cosplayers.  I saw a door, festooned with an ancient and horrible language; beyond which, I heard chants of "IA! IA! CTHULHU FTANGH!".  I shuddered; begging a nearby gent decked out in a fedora and trenchcoat what horror could be beyond such a portal.  As he sipped a microbrew and gazed off thoughtfully he replied, "That's the next circle... it's reserved for furries."

LEARN FROM ME!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 01:46:49 pm »

21308 is the number on Nick Gonzales' orange jumpsuit in the underappreciated independent film "Turkmenistan."  He plays Fustini, the happy-go-lucky cab driver who finds himself the fall guy for the biggest mob conspiracy in Eurasian history.  Only his quick wits, his master culinary skills, and his eerily intelligent siamese cat can help him secure the blessings of liberty for the people of the former SSR.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 02:08:45 pm »

This would have been funny had it ended with the fifth panel, but then big O went the extra mile.  Ain't no strip that can't be made funnier by showing someone licking an envelope and then putting it into the mailbox.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 02:37:47 pm »

Ray has terrible handwriting.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 03:08:59 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Also, I spent time trying to figure out what the check number (21038) was taken to mean.


How about it means 21,038 checks is a HELL OF A LOT OF CHECKS TO WRITE.  I've had a checking account for 10 years and I'm on seven hundred something.  I know Ray buys hell of more stuff than I do (he probably writes ten checks just for his Friday parties) and I'm not counting all the checking-account transactions I use my debit card for, but still.

He doesn't care what he's writing checks for.  He knows he's good for the money, so he'll write them.

Twenty-one thousand and thirty-eight times.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 03:22:16 pm »

Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Also, I spent time trying to figure out what the check number (21038) was taken to mean.


How about it means 21,038 checks is a HELL OF A LOT OF CHECKS TO WRITE.



Well sure, if you want to look at it...  logically.

There's just something haunting about BEOLS though.  Let us all bow before our old god BEOLS!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 03:42:20 pm »

Beolis would be be the Greek city-state where the inventor of cottage cheese was born if there were a just God in heaven.


Although being born in a greek city-state, he wouldn't have believed in a God, but merely a collection of gods.


But then perhaps he was a freethinking monotheist.  Or a Zoroastrian.  That was the Persian religion.  The inventor of cottage cheese was none other than Ephialtes!
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 04:58:26 pm »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
&c


Tell me about the fuck*ng golf shoes!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 04:58:59 pm »

Interestingly enough, 21038 is NOT a vaild ZIP code. I didn't realize that there were gaps in the numbering system.

THANKS TO ACHEWOOD, I LEARNED TODAY.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
10/17 - Your Answer: THANKS!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 05:02:55 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Interestingly enough, 21038 is NOT a vaild ZIP code. I didn't realize that there were gaps in the numbering system.

THANKS TO ACHEWOOD, I LEARNED TODAY.


I hear they're all about education over there now.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up