Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pravda Declares End of World Nigh  (Read 9354 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 02:41:27 am »

If every woman in India killed her husband at the same time, would the broad-to-bubba ratio outweigh the hairiness factor, and make India a good place to pick up babes?






The answer, of course, is no, because bitches that kill their husbands are not to be trusted.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 04:49:06 pm »

Um... what?
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 05:30:06 pm »

Wow.

It's like 100x more likely to be the other way around in India. Hell, even in Chicago about once a year someone in the general vicinity of Devon Avenue sets his wife ON FIRE due to a dowry dispute or some such thing.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 05:51:47 pm »

I didn't say that Indian women murder their husbands.  I asked what would happen if it were so.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 07:07:00 pm »

You know, I gotta say...I stock romance titles, and a whole lot of them make the claim that being a murderer is like bad-boy sexy. And that Dixie Chicks video a few years back made killing your husband okay. I would guess that India would become a whole lot sexier.
Can you imagine being married to a woman who, at some point, killed her husband? That woman has BALLS. I would just be in awe. And although I could never ask her normally, maybe, on my death bed, I would have her bend close to my ear and ask her,"So, how did taking another human life feel? What sort of power do you derive from that?"
And then she'd smother me with my pillow. Once a husband-killer, always a husband-killer!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 07:31:08 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
You know, I gotta say...I stock romance titles, and a whole lot of them make the claim that being a murderer is like bad-boy sexy. And that Dixie Chicks video a few years back made killing your husband okay. I would guess that India would become a whole lot sexier.
Can you imagine being married to a woman who, at some point, killed her husband? That woman has BALLS. I would just be in awe. And although I could never ask her normally, maybe, on my death bed, I would have her bend close to my ear and ask her,"So, how did taking another human life feel? What sort of power do you derive from that?"
And then she'd smother me with my pillow. Once a husband-killer, always a husband-killer!


Word. It's the same argument as marrying a guy you dated while he was married. You're working rough odds at that point.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 07:37:41 pm »

Agreed. I mean, as we all know, past behavior never indicates future performance, but c'mon. She's already an old hand at husband-killing. She's been through the rigamarole already.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 08:13:39 pm »

They only feel remorse...  the first time!

Then it's like, how am I going to kill all these husbands in a workday?  Help me Ron Popeil!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 08:15:17 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
You know, I gotta say...I stock romance titles, and a whole lot of them make the claim that being a murderer is like bad-boy sexy.


It's Ted Bundy all over again!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 10:47:32 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"

Can you imagine being married to a woman who . . . has BALLS.


Not in most states.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 01:41:19 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
You know, I gotta say...I stock romance titles, and a whole lot of them make the claim that being a murderer is like bad-boy sexy.


This rather fails to surprise me, as the social/ethical cosmology of romace novels seems to be more or less totally fucked-up crazy.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 05:51:13 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
This rather fails to surprise me, as the social/ethical cosmology of romace novels seems to be more or less totally fucked-up crazy.


....you know, I could say a lot of things here. But I will restrain myself. I will merely link you to something that will explain much better than I ever could how I feel about 99% of romance novels (I say 99% because I'm sure that there are probably some really amazing ones out there).

Gaze in horror at the collected works of Sandra Hill.
I especially like "My Fair Viking" and "A Tale of Two Vikings."

MY STORE HAS EVERY ONE OF THOSE BOOKS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 05:59:41 am »

The Very Virile Viking was fantastic...and not for the alliteration in the title.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 06:08:41 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "andalucia"
This rather fails to surprise me, as the social/ethical cosmology of romace novels seems to be more or less totally fucked-up crazy.


....you know, I could say a lot of things here. But I will restrain myself. I will merely link you to something that will explain much better than I ever could how I feel about 99% of romance novels (I say 99% because I'm sure that there are probably some really amazing ones out there).

Gaze in horror at the collected works of Sandra Hill.
I especially like "My Fair Viking" and "A Tale of Two Vikings."

MY STORE HAS EVERY ONE OF THOSE BOOKS.


You know, if ever there was an appropriate time for a Doctor Who reference*, now would be it**. I would like to see what happens when one of these stupid Vikings has to face down a Dalek. Better yet, the Fouth Doctor could strangle one of them with his scarf.

*I fully realize Jough will not approve.
**Because time travel is involved.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2005, 12:51:12 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
The Very Virile Viking was fantastic...and not for the alliteration in the title.

I think I'm more a fan of "Truly Madly Viking," because it doesn't even make any sense. Holy wow.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up