Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Poll

Would you watch it?

Yes
- 5 (27.8%)
No
- 11 (61.1%)
Only to take notes for my upcoming procedure
- 2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 18, 2005, 10:53:00 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Really Entertaining TV  (Read 22991 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:53:00 pm »

Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:16:39 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Live Celebrity Sex Change


Oh, I don't think I'll be watchin' that. Even if I had a tv, I probably wouldn't watch it.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:55:15 pm »

Who the fuck is Courtney Cox?
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 11:56:51 pm »

That's the girl from the "Dancing in the Dark" video who grew up to have big boobies and star on 'Friends' as the one with the big boobies. With the dark hair.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 02:23:56 am »

I just want to apologize for voting beofre reading the first post.  I thought it was just a general question.

"Yes, I like entertaining television."

Dear god, why do we need this?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 02:29:02 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
That's the girl from the "Dancing in the Dark" video who grew up to have big boobies and star on 'Friends' as the one with the big boobies. With the dark hair.

Did you see the Longest Yard.  Her Boobies had a feature roll.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 02:35:31 am »

Ugh, "Friends."

I officially despise anyone who liked that show.  Same goes for people who think Will Farrell movies are funny.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 02:39:52 am »

Friends was mildly entertaining for about a season or two.  Will Ferrell movies are a mixed bag, but Old School and Anchorman are funny as hell.  But it's his work on SNL that really makes me laugh.  I guess we just can't be friends then eh IS...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 02:43:00 am »

You just made The List, buddy.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 03:08:20 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Friends was mildly entertaining for about a season or two.  Will Ferrell movies are a mixed bag, but Old School and Anchorman are funny as hell.  But it's his work on SNL that really makes me laugh.  I guess we just can't be friends then eh IS...


If Paul's on your list, then so am I. He speaks truth here.

Besides, I had a roommate once who taped every episode of Friends, and not on a junk tape, but For Posterity. I'm no fan of obsessive fans of average sitcoms, but hey, they ain't hurting me.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 03:21:17 am »

Just to clairify, I know my celebrities so well that I can tell you that Alexis Arquette played the Boy George impersonater in The Wedding Singer.

I feel so dirty.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 03:48:29 am »

I'll show you!  I'll show all of you!
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 05:13:54 am »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
Ugh, "Friends."

I officially despise anyone who liked that show.  Same goes for people who think Will Farrell movies are funny.


I have recently been working with a young woman who didn't seem to be understanding the very basic work-related emails I had been sending her with simple tasks that she need to perform.  Basic things like "call the actors and find out which dates are good for them to rehearse on."  So I finally tracked her down, she came to rehearsal, I asked her to read part of the script out load to the actors, and that is when I discovered that she is basically illiterate, which was quite shocking since she's in second-year university.  So I was pretty surprised as to how over-all dull she is, and at the next meeting I attended, she was wearing a "Friends" t-shirt, and I understood all.  It was just one of those indicators for me.  Like when you realize on the second date that there will be no third date because the guy talks about his mother all night - the T-shirt was like that for me.  At first I felt bad for her, then I realized I would have to do half her job on top of mine, and I just got annoyed.  I would ask her to do the simple basic tasks related to her job and she would just look at me like I was not speaking English.

Yeah, yeah, some of you smarty p*nts on the board like "Friends," but you're also smart enough to list off a dozen other activities you'd enjoy doing instead of watching that show.  You're not still sad that it's cancelled.  You don't have a Gilmore Girls screen saver like this girl does.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 01:26:30 pm »

no, i wouldn't watch it, the word "needle" makes me woozy.

i like the Friends show.  it's funny.  the characters are insecure in a reassuring manner.  except the blonde, who i wished had fallen off the balcony.  she is trite.

i'm going to make a large, sweeping guesstimate that most people who watch[ed] Friends are assholes.

i'm also going to state that most people are Assholes.


off Dawg's linked ariticle, an example of What The Fuck in action:

" Most Popular Articles on People Today
1.
   Kirsten Dunst reportedly drunk at premiere
2.
   Courtney Cox's brother-in-law to have sex change live on TV
3.
   Jude Law has a date with Salma Hayek
4.
   Paris Hilton's has penned 'sorry' note to Nicole Richie
5.
   Sharon Stone nothing to hide at store opening
6.
   Is Jolie Working Black Magic on Brad Pitt?
7.
   Michael Jackson gives hotel staff a fright
8.
   Photos confirm Aniston and Vaughn romance?
9.
   Photos spark speculation Holmes is more than 3 months gone
10.
   Paris Hilton has reportedly auctioned off engagement ring "


IS THERE A fuck*ng DAMNED THING THAT IS ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IMPORTANT IN THAT DAMN LIST?!?!?!


the magazine is "People"?  I CALL BULLSHIT! Name it "Celebrity", but stop calling it people alrady!  i know, call it "fuck*ng People" or something.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 01:49:46 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
she was wearing a "Friends" t-shirt, and I understood all.  It was just one of those indicators for me.  Like when you realize on the second date that there will be no third date because the guy talks about his mother all night - the T-shirt was like that for me.

This reminds me of a friend who decided there would be no 2nd date because the guy used "cromulent" in a sentence. She didn't know what it meant but learned the origin the next day while discussing the date with another friend. Personally this choice makes me doubt keeping her as a friend. It's a perfectly cromulent word.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up