Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Trick or Treat?  (Read 10145 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:52:41 pm »

I am a nineteen year old female low on cash but creatively able and in need of costume ideas for Halloween OH! FIVE!  I can sew and I can go to thrift stores but I already dressed up for a zombie movie last month so that's my back-up plan since i've got the dress and the makeup and the blood all right.  

What are you kids going to be?  Or what are your kids going to be?

Let's talk about it, and maybe an idea will spark for me.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 12:11:52 am »

I heard a joke recently about zombie Eskimos having sixty words for BRAAAAAAAINS, so I've decided that, if I do a costume this year, I'll be a zombie Eskimo.

This is especially ironic given that I probably will not wear said costume anywhere except my Neuroscience seminar.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 12:25:35 am »

I'm going to be a surly convergence technology consultant with a thick patina of cynicism.

Oh. You meant for Halloween.

Alas, I'm an adult, so no more trick or treating for me.

I will be giving out the best damn candy on the block, though.  Totally got Snickers bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Butterfingers up in this piece.

I keep meaning to order full sized candy bars way ahead of time, but one of these years I'm going to give out those big movie-theatre-sized Hershey bars to kids.

I only get a few dozen trick and/or treaters each year anyway.

Oh, and I will be watching the car from the window so that I can turn on a water hose and soak anyone who comes near my yard on Mischief Night.

I also will have a large supply of Maple Syrup Balloons (they're like water balloons, only filled with Maple Syrup).

V-Adore

  • Guest
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 02:47:23 am »

Oh, man, it's great buying the really good candy. It works out either way: if kids come by, you're the Halloween Hero because you're not handing out weird individually-packaged soy nuts, and if they don't come by, delicious miniature candy for you.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 03:32:22 am »

I always try to convince myself to borrow stuff from the lab, so as to dress up as a slightly more mad scientist than I actually am.  But I never do, so this year it's likely to be the walking dead again (I'm getting quite good at the bullet hole in my forehead, if I do say so myself).

Then again, I feel pretty sad dressing up if I don't go out, so maybe I'll just watch movies and die a little inside, instead.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 05:22:33 am »

The wife and I are cow-boy and Indian. I'll post a picture after.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 10:22:39 am »

Julius Caesar

In homage to the to the first time I did it.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 11:52:19 am »

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was about 11. The closest I've come was a Halloween party a few days after the fact, that was the cause of my first ever drunken experience. I've never really gotten into Halloween as a post-kid; since I bought my condo, I've always managed to work Halloween night, so I don't even know if kids show up around here.

Sara managed to trick me by buying Halloween candy in anticipation of the date. I asked why she was buying it on 15 September, and she said, "So we have it ready in case the stores start running out of good stuff." Well, now WE'RE running out of good stuff because she's eaten it all.

I am ALL ABOUT candy shopping on 1 November, however.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 12:48:11 pm »

I'm going to be. . .  studying.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 04:35:34 pm »

Jesus, you people are awful. Is fun not allowed here?
I resolutely dress up every year, in costumes which are invariably last-minute and ill-planned. I've decided this year to just buy a creepy animal mask and wear it to the Mountain Goats concert. I'm getting the mask today, so I can wear it to a party that my lady is taking me to, which she has referred to only as a "lesbian party." I'll post a picture.*


*of my mask, not of the lesbian party. But if the lesbian party gets really interesting, then, yes, I might take pictures of that too.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Trick or Treat?
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 06:00:12 pm »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
Let's talk about it, and maybe an idea will spark for me.

I hate to be the one who has to tell you this, but if you don't dress up as an Achewood character you are wasting everyones time.  My suggestion, Philippe.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 06:02:41 pm »

Last year I made my costume entirely out of things I found around the house at 8am despite the fact that I should leave for work at 7:50. I went as the Chainsaw Vigilante. I made the mask at work.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Trick or Treat?
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 06:02:57 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Let's talk about it, and maybe an idea will spark for me.

I hate to be the one who has to tell you this, but if you don't dress up as an Achewood character you are wasting everyones time.  My suggestion, Philippe.

~Paul


Oh yes!!  And picsplsthx!   Actually if anyone dresses up as an Achewood character (yes.. even a be-thonged ray), picsplskthx!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 06:08:02 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Jesus, you people are awful. Is fun not allowed here?


My fun is found at the bottom of a square bottle with a black label and Lem Motlow's name all over it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 12:51:25 am »

I considered being Molly-in-heaven two years ago, but I wasn't able to get it together. (Ideally it would be a ridiculously low-effort costume: white robe, angel wings, and cat ears.)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up