Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Trick or Treat?  (Read 10134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2005, 06:17:19 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
feast girl


 That's so beautiful.
Logged
I am older now.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2005, 10:27:39 pm »

Let me just say this.
Worst. Halloween. Ever.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2005, 11:25:45 pm »

I take it you have no good stories or pictures from the Lesbian party?
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2005, 11:38:13 pm »

we had three groups show up for candy last night:
niece and nephew.
friend's child. bout 3 random children at the same time.
random little girl, adorable, "hwappyy wawoween!"

man, we had pop rocks and those candy rings and snickers.
kids don't know what they missed.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2005, 01:27:13 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Let me just say this.
Worst. Halloween. Ever.


Yeah, fill us in.  My turned out to be much more sober than I wanted it to, but still pretty good.  I did see the Worse. Movie. Ever., though.  Well, not really.  I knew what to expect.  It's called Parts of the Family, and it was free.  I don't often lose my appetite during movies, but I did last night.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2005, 08:27:26 pm »

I fell asleep for the night at 5; the SO woke me up about 8 to tell me how sad she was that no one showed up. Like, at all. We live in a condo complex and there are kids around, but the condos-offering-to-condos-not-offering ratio is so low as to not be worth the effort, and apparently the kids go elsewhere. It was kinda sad hearing Sara say, "I've never had a Halloween where I didn't get to see kids dressed up," but I was also a bit mad that all this time I've been volunteering to work Halloween night so I wasn't around when it was totally unnecessary.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 08:36:13 pm »

I live in a secured apt building and nobody who lives there has kids so it's safe to assume that my Halloween nights will remain unmolested. We usually have a very small amount of candy just in case but haven't needed it yet.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2005, 11:42:06 pm »

I just live miles from civilisation, so as to avoid kids showing up.
That said, when I lived in a city I didn't have anyone show up either, which was nice. Maybe I had a reputation...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2005, 04:26:13 am »

I work at a children's theatre, so, let's just say I saw many a kid-lin, many a costume.  My neighbourhood is very poor, so it was fairly depressing.  Lots of kids trick or treating without any costumes and stuff.  One time though, I opened the door and there was this ninja all crouched on the floor of my porch, then he just slowly extended his hand, and held it out til I figured out that I was to drop the candy in his palm.  That was cool.  Also a girl of around two years old dressed as a bloody bride, which was wonderfully twisted.

Since I have an ultra master key that opens every door in the entire building where I work, I stood in not one, but two professional costume rooms, overwhelmed by choice.  In the end, I went as "tired girl who hasn't changed out of her work clothes and needs a shower."  Major cop-out with all the options I had, but for me, if you didn't make your costume yourself you are a fraud, so, I just couldn't do it.  We rented the original Hitchcock Psycho, and it was very good to see it again, and made for excellent background music/sound as the wee ones rang our bell.  We had 49 kids, which is much lower than the usual - in our old neighbourhood of about 75 - so it was a little disapointing, and also, we have lots of candy and chocolate left.

At work yesterday, my boss and I ate so much candy that we came to a point where we communicated in giggles.  I had what can only be described as a candy hangover.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2005, 07:06:57 am »

Today, I saw my neighbor across the landing for three seconds, as he hurriedly ran into his apartment. I think he thought I was going to eat him. The first time I saw my next-door neighbor, last week, she asked if I was looking for someone. I informed her that I actually lived there. After three months or so, I have actually seen both of my neighbors just once. I know there's a Chinese guy who lives upstairs, as well as an old man who has that skin disorder where you're white, with patches of black. He lives with a tiny Latina woman. The entire floor below me is Hispanic and Catholic, judging by the bumper-stickers on their doors. There are little piles of bones in the stairwell, too, so I think there are some Santerians in the building.
On our floor, we're the only ones without some sort of religious icon- the people across the landing have the Jewish scroll-holder thing, and the people next door somehow managed to have the landlord paint a small crucifix onto their door. We were thinking of getting an "Ass, Cash or Grass: Nobody Rides For Free" bumper sticker, but then we got distracted.
Needless to say, we didn't get any trick-or-treaters.

And Halloween sucked for a number of reasons. I didn't get to see the Mountain Goats, which is a cryin' shame. And then some other stuff. Anyway, yeah. I don't think I've ever had a good Halloween.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2005, 02:09:49 pm »

we watched the exorcist.  i'd never seen it.
damn is that the slowest moving movie ever?

it was pretty disturbing, but (surpising to me) the "scary" part that has stayed with me is not the possession but the brain x-ray scenes.  that's some cold ass shit.  oh, and doctors.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2005, 03:49:20 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
One time though, I opened the door and there was this ninja all crouched on the floor of my porch, then he just slowly extended his hand, and held it out til I figured out that I was to drop the candy in his palm.


I had a totally lame Halloween, but reading this makes it all better.  Somebody somewhere on this great continent still has the true sprit of Halloween in his heart.  Thank you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2005, 07:33:58 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
we watched the exorcist.  i'd never seen it.
damn is that the slowest moving movie ever?

it was pretty disturbing, but (surpising to me) the "scary" part that has stayed with me is not the possession but the brain x-ray scenes.  that's some cold ass shit.  oh, and doctors.


True. And true.
There's a movie reviewer over here (Mark Kermode) who I most often really respect, only his all time favourite movie is The Exorcist. He spent a long time going on about how it should stop being banned and such.
I've never understood his stance on this. I found it to be not only not particularly scary, but incredibly tedious.
Oh well.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2005, 09:11:04 pm »

Banned?

You guys ban movies over there?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Trick or Treat?
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2005, 08:38:46 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Banned?

You guys ban movies over there?


Not so much anymore. Exorcist was banned, Clockwork Orange was banned (because Kubrick asked for it to be), and a handful of others. But they stopped being banned about a decade ago.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up